Snooper 3Zero Radar/ Laser/ Camera warning device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooper 3Zero Radar/ Laser/ Camera warning device

Somebody told me the 3Zero Snooper detector is pretty useful in warning of cameras and
    laser and such like. Has anyone got any experience of them? They are pricey!

Been told they also warn of schools in the area where going lower than speed limit is useful
    and abroad when if not certain of speed limit can warn you what it is so speed can be adjusted?

Can also warn of accident hotspots where again going lower than speed limit is helpful

Sounds like a useful safety device - can anyone recommend it? Does it work?

Thanks- CBlue
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

drive to the road/conditions/speed limit and save yourself money?
    C2 GT #2003

LIFE HAS RULES & SO DO THESE FORUMS.... DS3Club rules: Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by Den View Post
      drive to the road/conditions/speed limit and save yourself money?
      jog on noddy.
      sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
      Third time around.
      Work in Progress

Comment

shuddup you
        C2 GT #2003

LIFE HAS RULES & SO DO THESE FORUMS.... DS3Club rules: Click Here

Comment

~~~<3
          sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
          Third time around.
          Work in Progress

Comment

Doesn't look a bad price to me - compares well with Talex, which doesn't have the Laser detector. The GPS part is only as good as the database; in that respect Talex is very good.

If you've got a Satnav it's worth looking at Pocket GPS World's CamerAlert database. The only drawback to that, compared with the Talex which I use, is that it's not directional, so it just warns of cameras within a certain radius of your actual position, which may not be on the road you're on or working in the direction you're travelling & it doesn't warn you to reduce speed if you're over the limit approaching a camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
              Been told they also warn of schools in the area where going lower than speed limit is useful
              For when road signs, road markings, lollipop ladies, an abundance of SUVs and kids running in the street just isn't enough.
              Proud owner of missing wonky stickers

Comment

This Is For Fixed Speed Cameras...

If You Can't See The Giant Yellow Boxes And The White Lines On The Road You Deserve To Be Caught...

Comment

Hi Zack-
                  Did you think that when you got another 3 points November 2010 for 51mph in a 30mph????
                  Thought you were a dead cert to have all techno stuff to avoid speedin! LOL

Hi Mixin- Road signs and markings fade or cant be seen sometimes, lollipop ladies ? (Gettin worried bout you) only on duty certain times, SUVs- arent they everywhere!

Hi Rickzayne- Not into NODDY me- is he a copper? That why his mate had bleedinn BIG EARS cos he always listening our for Old Bill- or got pulled along by violent old bill??

Hi iDEn- well you would say that wouldnt you and you are right. But havent you missed the point of EXTRA safety advisories on the Unit

Hi Dave B Thanks- will look into

CBLUE
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

get real the reason most people buy stuff like this isn't for the safety advisories it is to break the law and get away with it. in other words SPEED!
                    Originally posted by cyclone
                    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                    Originally posted by Broda
                    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Quite the defensive chap aren't we?

Surely by setting a thread it must be taken that not everyone will agree with you and people will give opinions?

And yep, going slow is also 'useful' around schools, but if all that Mixin listed wasn't there I don't think I have ever driven up to or past a school and not known what is was? even if the road markings have worn off, which I have never seen.

I don't know what else to say. . . . .

I think the general consensus is that as good as it may seem, you could also drive adhering to signs, road markings and so on and not speed?
                      My DS3R3... nearly....
                      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Did you think that when you got another 3 points November 2010 for 51mph in a 30mph????
                        1. It's Creepy That You Went And Found That One And A Half Year Old Thread...

2. I Was Caught By A Mobile Camera Van From Front-On So Your Reply Is Invalid And I Still have A Valid Point

Thought you were a dead cert to have all techno stuff to avoid speedin! LOL
                        3. I Now Have My Own Preventive Means... By Way of My Infrared Transmitting 'Electric Garage Door Opener'... ( I Don't Have Electric Garage Doors )

Comment

Dont think Im sensitive but we all have a softer side

Comments are great

BTW- What makes you think I'm a chap Administartor?

Just responding to comments thats all

Dont know what else to say.............yes i do.............might as well buy a snooper 3zero then....
                          ....and drive to signs.....and road markings...............and so on......and not to speed......such is life.

Shouldnt have got a DS3Soprt really- they should be limited to 70mph methinks- and older folk no doubt by the sounds of it

Is this defensive? Nah- just my little rant - no deliberate intent to speed on streets- and of course stick to 70mph on motorways

Tally ho!!!!!
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Set your limiter to 70.
                            My DS3R3... nearly....
                            New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

And to 30 when you see the following sign:

Proud owner of missing wonky stickers

Comment

Working...
                              X