No announcement yet.

Is it just me??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

surely the mpg is much better than the beemers ya'v ownd as most of them do between 19-23mpg. i only know this as thats all my best mate drives and he's ad em all from the 320i bauer 325i cab e30s the 3.2msport e36 now got the e46 330ci individual and the mpg on that is shocking. just think of what ya gonna save via fuel ya be surprized :cool: then ya got the weight standars beemers between 1-2 ton depending on model. i'd say get it on a track n throw it about forra bit im sure even with all its little niggles ya grow to love it
    Last edited by billy smith; 13-03-2012, 18:18.
    e-hdi 90 dsytle all white with ashera's and lonely citroen graphic's and club decals sigpic NCC-1701-C THE ENTERPRISE being rehomed
    Soon to have a Prestige 130 SS in arctic steel metallic with emerald mettalic roof and grey aphrodite wheels

Comment

At the end of all these comments, it's a 110hp diesel that looks great and is a smile on wheels.
      You say it doesn't handle - well you haven't tried too hard! When you get used to the steering and chassis you will find a difference.
      I too have a 110 Dpsort+ and have had, over many years of driving, a lot of cars, both expensive and cheap, and this little diesel probably makes me smile the most. Give yourself time to learn the car and you'll see what I mean.
      Boomerangs are just frisbees for lonely people!!!! :snowy0:

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
        From the looks of things you're comparing the DS3 to a long line of luxury BMW's and other "hotter" hatchbacks.

Granted the DS3 is Citroen's "premium" range but at the end of the day, it's still a Citroen.
        I had a 2006 BMW 3 series for 6 years before my THP. The DS3 is an awesome little car and it's still growing on me day by day after a week. I don't miss the BMW one bit...

Comment

I've had a vectra b 2.5 v6, Saab 2.0 Turbo (tuned), a Renault 5 GT Turbo, golf gti and fiesta 1.4 tdci, so a few different cars and my 90hdi is the best fun I've had driving in yrs. I love chuck in it round corners and I get about 47 - 55 MPG depending on wot I'm doing. This car makes u smile, it brings fun to driving. You can't compare BMW's to ds3's, that's like comparing a ka to a bently. Just enjoy it
          Black Limited Edition 1.6 Hdi

Comment

AsZack said we chucked them round a circuit last year in Paris and it was rock solid, braking into fast corners and braking from high speed. The instructors got in and went even faster.

Comment

Arrgh crap - my 110 e-hdi Dsport gets delivered tomorrow and you've deflated my expectations now.

Comment

Originally posted by Markm49uk View Post
                Arrgh crap - my 110 e-hdi Dsport gets delivered tomorrow and you've deflated my expectations now.
                One persons opinions shouldn't burst your bubble, read all the good above

Get the car tomorrow - and love it (I'll get the told you so stamp ready)
                My DS3R3... nearly....
                New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

+1 also read the feel the love thread by bigfeet then youll feel better

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
                    Really ?

Have You Actually Chucked It Around A Track Or Through Narrow Country Lanes At High Speed ?

With A Comment Like That I Don't Think You Have, The Setup As Biggie Said Is Set Up For Comfort But It's Still A Very Sporty Ride And Is Quite Impressive.

When I Went Over To France For The Citroen Meet They Made Us Weave In And Out Tight Cones And Go Around Sharp Corners At High Speed And The DS3 Was Fantastic
                    I have chucked it round corners fast and i didn't feel very confident it would go any faster. Don't get me wrong, i still think the car is a great car and it will be even better when i get some new springs for it. But i've spent a lot of time in my mates Clio 200 Cup and Civic Type R. I've also seen a lot of reviews that say the Mini Cooper S is far better in the corners which disappointed me. Overall though that is my only niggle with the car.

Comment

I suspect lack of steering feel is down to electronic power steering rather than hydraulic does rob a car of feel

Comment

Originally posted by lufc_lad View Post
                        I have chucked it round corners fast and i didn't feel very confident it would go any faster. Don't get me wrong, i still think the car is a great car and it will be even better when i get some new springs for it. But i've spent a lot of time in my mates Clio 200 Cup and Civic Type R. I've also seen a lot of reviews that say the Mini Cooper S is far better in the corners which disappointed me. Overall though that is my only niggle with the car.
                        If you are all chucking it round corners then you are not driving safely is all i can say. I never understand why people moan that they cant go super fast around a corner. If you buy a car for track events and it cant handle it then fair enough. Any bend at any sensible to quick speed the car handles perfectly, in both dry and wet conditions. The steering is very light which might impact the feel of it, but as has been mentioned its setup is a fine mix of sporty and comfort. Ive never been into the driving recklessly around corners (apart from when i was a silly teenager).

Comment

Hmmm yeah its just you. :-D
                          I couldn't fix yer brakes so I made your horn louder!

Comment

i have driving the 90 and 110 hdi to 150 thp and racing and i still like them all
                            like zack and Adi saying the car is very good in handling and braking

Comment

Guys, guys, guys!!

I know we all love our little French darling but lets not 'flame' the OP for voicing opinion.

I respect the fact that he made the post about his disappointments, at the end of the day not everybody is going to feel the love in the same way. My thought is that maybe the OP is suffering from what I call 'Buyers Regret' which everybody goes through - some over come it while others don't. I hope that he will see the charm that we all do with the DS3.
                              Last edited by Bigfeet; 14-03-2012, 12:49.
                              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                              Bigfeet's File Repository
                              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X