Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello and will it have to be the Diesel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
    Why I get a little sceptical about the critiscisms of the THP is that yes, the early models had a few problems. But I bet that was a very few cars in relation to those sold.
    Say we have, I dont know- what 20 people at best on here complaining of problems- there are 2000 members. Admittedly only a percentage are THP engines, but a lot more than 20 THPs.

But surely they wouldnt still be selling the vehicles if there were loadsa problems

I can only speak from experience and say mines great- and long may that opinion last!

And mebes problems will occur- but hey- lets get real- WHO REALLY JUMPS FOR JOY ABOUT OWNING A DIESEL!!! (Q the jumping for joy)

And fuel savings can end up becoming obsessive- enjoy driving a little without thinking bout the fuel gauge every 30 seconds

CBLUE
    Well said that man! I haven't even got my THP yet but if the THP wasn't an option then I would not be buying a diesel DS3. I would be buying a different marque.

As one of your forums major sponsors, Zack :-), said in a past post about a diesel problem... Yes a diesel problem... "don't worry, it's covered by warranty". When it suits eh? ;-)

I've not been on here long and was looking forward to taking part in a young, fresh site with open minded new owners encouraging the uptake of their new car with new experiences and new ideas. From what I've seen so far it should be called "Diesel, and don't forget to slag the THP at every opportunity, DS3 Club! Nothing much else seems to go on!

Maybe 99% of all diesels spontaneously combust when they hit 99,978miles? You just don't know it yet...

Right, pub time! :-D

Dave.

Comment

Well Dave what a nice start to your membership.

In this club we like to have a laugh at each others expense. Nothing is ever meant seriously unless you get someone who just wants to start an aggresive argument. If you met any of us you would know that so please come along to a meet.

Zack is not a forum sponsor and is a good bloke who will take all the ribbing you give him even if it is about his three wheels.

"Nothing much else goes on" You obviously haven't really looked at the club, only the THP bits. Otherwise you would see that lots goes on. Meets, WRC trips, RallyCross trips, excursions to the continent, National day, Goodwood Festival, Close working with CUK, Photography, Info Rapides both diesel and petrol, Car Detailing etc etc etc. Need I go on. Before you slag off the club take a proper look.

Yes I do have a diesel, not initially by choice but just about to take delivery of my second one. I don't drive to think about the fuel guage. I just drive and quite happy at being the only diesel in our mini convoy that goes all over the country. If you think I drive like a granny you will be mistaken.

Anyway thats my rant for the year. Use the ALL the club and you will enjoy being a member.:cool:

Comment

I never meant to unearth a can of worms when I started this thread (sorry) its just after joining I started seeing the THP related threads and it made me a bit nervous a put me off a bit which put me towards the Diesel.

Just to add I took both out today and liked them both for what it's worth, the THP was the slightly revised 155 model and the gear change was slightly better than the diesel and it was quieter on tick over but once on the move there really wasn't much in it apart from changing gears at different times.

Like I said before I love petrol cars but knowing my luck I'll pick a bad one and I'd hate that although now I'm reading about these DPF filters on the Diesel but that's another story lol (anyone got a horse and cart for sale)
        "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

Originally posted by ds3adi View Post
          Well Dave what a nice start to your membership.

In this club we like to have a laugh at each others expense. Nothing is ever meant seriously unless you get someone who just wants to start an aggresive argument. If you met any of us you would know that so please come along to a meet.

Zack is not a forum sponsor and is a good bloke who will take all the ribbing you give him even if it is about his three wheels.

"Nothing much else goes on" You obviously haven't really looked at the club, only the THP bits. Otherwise you would see that lots goes on. Meets, WRC trips, RallyCross trips, excursions to the continent, National day, Goodwood Festival, Close working with CUK, Photography, Info Rapides both diesel and petrol, Car Detailing etc etc etc. Need I go on. Before you slag off the club take a proper look.

Yes I do have a diesel, not initially by choice but just about to take delivery of my second one. I don't drive to think about the fuel guage. I just drive and quite happy at being the only diesel in our mini convoy that goes all over the country. If you think I drive like a granny you will be mistaken.

Anyway thats my rant for the year. Use the ALL the club and you will enjoy being a member.:cool:
          Please forgive what appears to be my initial negative opinion of your forum! Such comments as "nothing much else goes on" are obviously not true and we're never meant to be taken literally. I only refer to Zack as a forum sponsor and he takes and active part in anything he can... that's a good thing! ;-)

Apologies also for being part of an unintentional thread hi-jack! To get things Back on track how about we discuss the relative pros and cons of diesel v thp without including the engine failures that haven't happened yet and may never ever happen?

Happy days, Dave.

Comment

Hi Dave- you say what you think- this website welcomes ALL opinions (Maybe not ZACKs THP opinons .....He-he!)

Although this club does organise a lot of stuff and thats great- a lot better than some others

Nobody does, or should take offence. Only thing irritates me (Except Mi....Min....those cars) is when people use really "Choice" language to express their view

And DS3ADI - I held you up as a Paragon of chillness....nuffin seems to rattle you........... and you come across as a nice laid back person

Ah- Ha! (Not the band)...Yer halo's slippin man.........wheres the Mellow yellow !!!!!! LOL

CBLUE
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Bd1970 View Post

Apologies also for being part of an unintentional thread hi-jack! To get things Back on track how about we discuss the relative pros and cons of diesel v thp without including the engine failures that haven't happened yet and may never ever happen?

Happy days, Dave.

It was not about engine failures I was worried about but just the fact there is a problem with the timming chaines for some reason with them stretching and then having to be replaced which I personally think is a bit wrong on a new car, Our local Pentagon Citroen told me yesterday they have had 6 back in to have there cam chain replaced just in that Dealership.

I know the Ferrari 458 started catching fire but at least they admitted the problem and had a full recall to fix it ( be nice if Citroen did the same for piece of mind?

Comment

THP - the engine is a peach!

Driven and owned Diesels for as long as I can recall (20 plus years). We wanted fun in the DS3, true enough the early THP were unreliable but we believe things are much improved. Ours is almost 1 with 9000 miles. It has never once missed a beat, not once. The engine is so nice, smooth and powerful returning 50+ mpg on a run. We love our THP!

Comment

bd1970 no probs

Chrisblue - I only have one rant a year and that was it. Usually happens if someone has a go at the club coz we've been through a lot in the last year with an enormous amount of unpaid hard work. You wouldn't beleve some of the stuff.

The other 360+ days I'm chilled to the max.

Comment

Originally posted by ds3adi View Post
                    the other 360+ days i'm chilled to the max.

cblue
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Anyway Tegs, what have you decided on lol? Have you made your mind up? :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by pauljack View Post
                        Anyway Tegs, what have you decided on lol? Have you made your mind up? :cool:

I know it's a nightmare lol, I think it will be the 110 Diesel as that's going to pretty much fit all our needs with looks, running costs , drive and fingers crossed reliability ( at least that's what I'm hoping )

Comment

Good choice you won't regret it! I traded in a peugeot 206 hdi 110 for a peugeot 207 gt thp 150 in 2007 and I was disappointed with the difference between the 2 engines. I was expecting a lot of difference in power but in the real world driving it was hardly discernable plus worse mpg. Me personally, I think you have made the right choice, plus I think it will have better residuals! Smiles all round, happy days. Whichever you choose its a nice car

Comment

How boring life would be if we all drove the same model of DS3.

That is what makes this Club. There is a wide difference of opinion that keeps this website alive.

Otherwise I would have switched off by now. Keep it up!
                            sigpic

Comment

well said AJ
                              CBLUE
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                              X