Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to get insurance but registration number not recognised!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes but, as I mentioned the one I wanted to go with does not have a phone number. I can contact Aviva of course and will try that today. The next best quote was from LV however they don't do installments which is what I wanted so as not to lay out a large chunk of change up front.

Isn't it about time they sorted out this situation where someone orders a new car but can't make use of online insurance and comparison sites because the reg number is not listed with DVLA?

Comment

I think it's just a timing issue atm...

DVLA doesn't get updated until the cars fully registered, which as BF says doesn't happen until there's a cover note in place... Kinda catch 22...
      You've then got to wait for the DVLA to pass the latest set of registrations onto external companies that then use them for things like Comparison sites, etc...

That's just an educated guess though...

Comment

^ Close enough.

Dealers use a system called AFRL (Automated First Registration & License) which allocates reg numbers and declares/registers orders to the DVLA. Once a car is registered via AFRL the DVLA system is updated at the same time and the V5C is issued to the keeper.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Ok got a result from Quote Me Happy

I emailed them yesterday explaining the problem and they sent me info on how to get around it on their site. So for anyone thinking of doing it, here is how you get around the reg not being recognised :

You can click the buy now button on your quote.
          This will then take you to the car details page
          Enter the registration
          Click 'Find Vehicle'
          The page will come up blank
          You can then click on the option to say 'Yes you know the car registration'
          Then click on the find vehicle option again
          It will leave the registration pre-filled and you'll be able to manually enter the vehicle details.

If the vehicle make and model is on our database then this will accept your details.

Hope that helps someone

Comment

glad you got it sorted lol.

sigpic
            Black on Black eHDI 110 Dsport+ :cool:

Comment

Working...
            X