No announcement yet.

Differences between 150 and 155 THP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it makes you feel better my ds3 150 has 19k miles on it and the dealer has confirmed that there's no record of warranty work relating to the engine been done on it.

Also in the last month there was a recall which issued a software update to prevent illumination of warning lights due to lack of power

Comment

Resurrecting an old thread... I'm confused I thought that my DS3 was a 150 because it was first registered 07/2011 but looking at my paperwork including the Carte Grise (registration document) it is listed as being a 155 - I thought that the 155's came later than 07/2011?

Comment

The french Wikipedia article about the DS3 says that the THP155 was introduced 10/2011.
        Citroën DS³ // THP 155 // Body Ruby Red // Roof Moondust
        DS³R Speedometer // 19" OEM Cairns // KW V3 Coilovers

Comment

Originally posted by Shiro View Post
          The french Wikipedia article about the DS3 says that the THP155 was introduced 10/2011.
          Thanks, that's what I found so I have no idea why mine is described as a 155 on all the documents :confused:

Click image for larger version

Name:	-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	360724

Comment

Differences between 150 and 155 THP?

You can tell which you have if you check the ecu number.
            MED17.4 is 150THP euro 4
            MED17.4.2 is 155THP euro 5
            Also you can check your engine code which you can see within the vin number on windscreen. Engine type will be F something
            For example xxxxxxxFRxxxxxxx, could be FX, FS or FV.
            Last edited by Jamie@SPTuning; 23-10-2016, 17:38.
            White on red THP
            Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
              You can tell which you have if you check the ecu number.
              MED17.4 is 150THP euro 4
              MED17.4.2 is 155THP euro 5
              Also you can check your engine code which you can see within the vin number on windscreen. Engine type will be F something
              For example xxxxxxxFRxxxxxxx, could be FX, FS or FV.
              Thanks, how do I find the ecu number? I have the engine code which is FR8 which I have read is a 150THP (the code for the 155THP being FV8) but all the documents describe the car as 155THP inc the registration document.

Comment

Yes FV is definately 155THP
                My car is FR, late 2011 150THP
                White on red THP
                Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
                  Yes FV is definately 155THP
                  My car is FR, late 2011 150THP
                  That's what I thought, it's very strange.

Comment

Do you have the cars history? Has it been with Citroen for any length of time before you bought it?
                    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                      Do you have the cars history? Has it been with Citroen for any length of time before you bought it?
                      Bought from a garage 2 years ago, don't know it's history before that, what are you thinking?

Comment

Originally posted by Jen View Post
                        Bought from a garage 2 years ago, don't know it's history before that, what are you thinking?
                        That there's a possibility it was a THP150 at some stage.. Purely speculation.
                        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                          That there's a possibility it was a THP150 at some stage.. Purely speculation.
                          I'd ask the garage but I don't want to flag up anything that might cause an issue, but I'm worried it's going to be a problem when I come to sell it.

Comment

Working...
                          X