DS3 Misfire error codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 Misfire error codes

am hoping someone might be able to offer some advice or at least give me a heads up on this:

last night my car started juddering and then the engine management light came on and the radio screen flashed an error saying engine fault: repair needed. I called the AA out and he hooked up his diagnosis computer and it showed him three codes all relating to misfiring. he revved the engine and said that it wasn't actually misfiring but there was definitely something wrong with it. I drove the car home (oxford to reading) at about 60mph with the engine light staying on for the whole journey. there was no juddering for the entire journey or when I pulled up at home.

booked my car in with citroen this morning and then got in it to drive to work but the engine light is no longer on. could it have been a momentary error or is my car malfunctioning bit by bit?

I am also having issues with the remote locking. it is very temperamental and doesn't always lock or unlock when I press the button. numerous times ive been stood next to the car pressing the button without the locking system responding. looked up about changing the battery but saw that I would be notified of this by the car (it's also impossible to get the cover off to get to the battery).

I love my DS3 but I don't love the problems that I am having with it at the moment - has anyone had the same or similar issues that can put my mind at rest as to what it is??

Thanks,

Jess

That doesn't sound good, is yours a THP by any chance?

Comment

What engine have you got?

Big has a video of how to change the fob colour - not sure if getting that off is where you get to the battery - he'll verify!
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

yeah mine is a THP/DSport am so gutted its only like 15 months old.

Thanks RE the video - just saw the thread for it - will get Evans Halshaw to check it out for me though, saves me c*cking it up!!

Comment

As much of a pain as it sounds. Leave your car at the dealers until they have identified the fault.

You mentioned there was no juddering after the illumination of the light but have you experienced juddering issues in the past?

£10 going on them tightening your tensioner and updating your firmware to stop the light from illuminating again.
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Yes the coloured fob needs to come off for the battery to be changed.

The AA guy didn't leave you with a copy of those codes?
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

yeah he left me the codes (didn't have them with me earlier). they are:

P1336 - mis-fire more than 1 cylinder
              P1337 mis-fire cylinder 1
              P1340 mis-fire cylinder 4

even though these error codes come up, I haven't felt any juddering other than that one time last night. the light has been off all day today and have felt no issues with power or driving it. is driving like it normally does when there are no apparent errors. am beginning to wonder whether it is to do with a fault in the engine management system.

i'll take it in tomorrow and see what they say. just seems a bit bizarre that there is no change in the way that the car is driving.

will update when I know more.

Comment

as fish sed best give it the dealers with these codes and let them deal with it. although its not on now they will rear their heads when you least need it. "ive been there"

Comment

I'm wondering if those are injector faults, I'll have to have a look see.
                  ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                  Bigfeet's File Repository
                  The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Make sure you make the dealer understand that you are not leaving til the problem is found and sorted out, just be firm with them, make sure they know your concerns and that you really are not happy.
                    http://db.tt/tJZ0ZQG1
                    Black on Black DSports+ THP 155 16v Custom Remap to 193BHP; 230lb/ft

Comment

so I picked my car back up on Thursday and they said that apparently it was all just down to my car needing an ECU (think that's right) upgrade. They did that and the upgrade it was recalled for and said that it should be fine now. They did a bit of digging and figured that the codes to were false readings and all down to the upgrade to the software being necessary. as before, the car is driving fine, no noticeable difference at all. will keep an eye on it though. with regards to the remote, they couldn't find a fault with it as, typically, it worked perfectly when they had it ill try changing the battery (well will get the parts man to) and then see if that works.

Comment

Not really a fixed problem then, more of a disguised one now. If you ran torque or something similar you would be able to see if there's any other faults there that aren't flashing lights
                        http://db.tt/tJZ0ZQG1
                        Black on Black DSports+ THP 155 16v Custom Remap to 193BHP; 230lb/ft

Comment

How's your idling, is it lumpy when cold at all? Sounds very much like the camchain stretch/tension problem.
                          sigpic

Comment

it definitely was lumpy this morning. off I set on my journey and the car starts juddering really badly again. like really really badly - worse than last time. am waiting to pull out of my road and when I do, the car has lost A LOT of power. it is still juddering and then *ping* the engine management light comes on....again!!! with the same error message saying that there is an engine fault and repair is needed. needless to say I am fuming, the Citroen dealership that supposedly fixed my car blatantly didn't do eff all to it. how can they have fixed the error when it occurs again just one week later. a few months and i'd be understandable but just one week??? not happy. so I have had to change my plans now, and sit at home while Mr AA diagnoses what is wrong with my car...again!!

Comment

The dealer have blatantly took an easy option and made the recall change and not bothered to look into the fault at all. I know Biggy hates dealer slagging as they are not all bad but there are a lot out there that seem to love tarnishing dealer reputation. I am dreading going to mine as it sounds like a lottery whether you get a good one or not lol.

sigpic
                              Black on Black eHDI 110 Dsport+ :cool:

Comment

Working...
                              X