No announcement yet.

DS3 Misfire error codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so it turns out that the issue is that the engine stabiliser mound in my car has corroded :-\ and they won't be able to get the part in until late this week :-( the corrosion of that part is meaning that my engine is bouncing about all over the place and the car thinks it's misfiring as the symptoms are similar apparently. the dealership are starting to be mildly helpful but that's only because my dad does work for them sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by jebrom View Post
      so it turns out that the issue is that the engine stabiliser mound in my car has corroded :-\ and they won't be able to get the part in until late this week :-( the corrosion of that part is meaning that my engine is bouncing about all over the place and the car thinks it's misfiring as the symptoms are similar apparently. The dealership are starting to be mildly helpful but that's only because my dad does work for them sometimes.
      iou £10
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

If your talking about one of the engine mounts those are good sized piece of metal to corrode to the point that it is broken and just can't see that happening to a car a couple of years old at most. The rubber may be torn in it that would cause excessive engine movement.
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

and so after taking my car back to the Citroen dealership for a third time (located the other side of town to where I work) the problem is STILL not fixed!!! in fact, the problem is now worse than it was before. the car is shaking and juddering all the time now rather than just every now and again. they supposedly replaced the engine stabiliser mound and assured me that the problem was now fixed but on my drive home and the whole of my drive the next day the problem occurred over and over again. any got any idea what else it could be? am running out of patience with the dealership, have booked my car in again on Monday but have a feeling that this is going to be on going until someone remotely competent can take a look at my car.

Comment

Any more progress on this, jebrom?
            Regards,

Simon

2011 DS3 DSport (Sport Red with Onyx Black Roof).
            2014 208 GTi (Calado Blue).

Comment

Originally posted by jebrom View Post
              am hoping someone might be able to offer some advice or at least give me a heads up on this:

last night my car started juddering and then the engine management light came on and the radio screen flashed an error saying engine fault: repair needed. I called the AA out and he hooked up his diagnosis computer and it showed him three codes all relating to misfiring. he revved the engine and said that it wasn't actually misfiring but there was definitely something wrong with it. I drove the car home (oxford to reading) at about 60mph with the engine light staying on for the whole journey. there was no juddering for the entire journey or when I pulled up at home.

booked my car in with citroen this morning and then got in it to drive to work but the engine light is no longer on. could it have been a momentary error or is my car malfunctioning bit by bit?

I am also having issues with the remote locking. it is very temperamental and doesn't always lock or unlock when I press the button. numerous times ive been stood next to the car pressing the button without the locking system responding. looked up about changing the battery but saw that I would be notified of this by the car (it's also impossible to get the cover off to get to the battery).

I love my DS3 but I don't love the problems that I am having with it at the moment - has anyone had the same or similar issues that can put my mind at rest as to what it is??

Thanks,

Jess
              hi jess as you drove from oxford to reading i take it the dealer you are talking about is evan halshaw if it is take your car somewhere else,i had 3yrs of them messing around with my c6 even admiting one time they had'nt ever seen one ? let alone work on one.in the end i part ex it cos i was fed up with it being in the garage for a week before they touched,it
              try freeborns of wokingham they have been a citroen dealer for years & years,and they seem to know what they are talking about.
              have sold the racing but ive still got the ultra prestige

Comment

so it appears that my car is finally fixed. not without more woe though. they picked the car up and took it away to the dealership (leaving me without a car). they had it all day and then rang me at 4pm saying that they couldn't find the issue with it and that their next option was to raise a ticket with Citroen technical to find out whether they knew where the issue could be from (?!) they said that they would need to keep the car in for the next day while they waited for a response from Citroen or they could drop it off and then I would book it in another day. I chose the latter option as was at work and had no other way to get home. 10 minutes they called me again to say that they didn't feel comfortable driving the car back to me as the issue that I have been having all along FINALLY happened when someone from EH was driving it!! Luckily managed to find a lift home and left the car with them to fix. I heard nothing from them the next day despite being told that I would be kept updated Friday rolled around and I called them first thing to find that the service rep knew nothing of the progress but would call me. Eventually got a call back at 11:30 - turns out there was a problem with the high pressure fuel valve - they replaced it and now my car is driving as it was before all these issues. Not sure why it has taken them 5 days worth of having my car to finally come to this resolution but am glad that it is fixed and I don't have to go back to them all the time now. next time something goes wrong I will be taking it to Freeborn for sure.

if anyone gets the juddery problem and the dealership is stumped as to what it could be, tell them to check the high pressure fuel valve - it may save you a lot of hassle

Comment

Hope things go well Jebrom
                  Unless Ive missed it- how many miles you done?
                  And when first registered?
                  CBLUE
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

have done about 16000 miles. first registered May last year. it seems a lot better now so hopefully that is it now for the issues. I remember reading on here that a few people have had fuel pump issues with the THP so might've been a common issue.

Comment

My ds3 took sick this morning with p1337 code. Car was in limp mode. Left it with the dealer tonight. Hopefully it's just the number 1 coil pack.
                      Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Originally posted by Toxic View Post
                        My ds3 took sick this morning with p1337 code. Car was in limp mode. Left it with the dealer tonight. Hopefully it's just the number 1 coil pack.
                        "Here we go again..." like "someone" on the forum used to say
                        Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
                        ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Toxic View Post
                          Sorry to hear that mate, hopefully you won't be without it for long
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnarok View Post
                            "Here we go again..." like "someone" on the forum used to say
                            lol
                            Simon

Comment

Got car back today, All 4 Coil Packs replaced, New Spark Plugs, and ECU upgrade under warranty. Car feels much better now and pulls like a train!
                              Simon

Comment

Did you not just put plugs in it?
                                What year is yours?
                                White on red THP
                                Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Working...
                                X