Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bellone Wheel Refurbishments...!

Hi Guys

Have been pointed towards this site via twitter, tweeted this morning and martinds3gb (twitter name - not sure of name on here) informed me of it! Had a quick read around and the main problem you guys are experiencing with the bellone wheels is corrosion around the centre cap. From experience the centre caps on the bellones are a tight fit, which I think when the caps are knocked out and refitted when new tyres are fitted is chipping the lacquer and allowing water and crap to get underneath. The issue with diamond cut wheels is that once the lacquer is chipped, its directly onto the bare alloy underneath, painted wheels have a layer of primer and colour under the lacquer which offers a bit more protection.

We use the latest HAAS machines to recut the wheels, and then lacquer them once complete. Of course the wheels can be repainted in any colour prior to diamond cutting so the insert can be changed from black to white, or vice versa or whatever colour you want. Wheels are chemically cleaned, blasted, repainted before recut so any corroded or damaged areas are repaired during refurbishment. We also offer a 12 month warranty on all refurbishments. Courier service can be arranged if you are not near our Milton Keynes, Doncaster or Newcastle facilities. Think that about covers it...any questions, fire away!

Pic of a wheel we've just finished, it was kerbed all the way around the edge and slight corrosion on the centre.

I've often wondered - how does the surface of a wheel, whether lacquered or powder coated, stand up to tyre changing equipment. Is that likely to damage them? They seem to stick a crowbar in and run it round to remove tyres and this looks a bit brutal to me!

Jimbob

Comment

martinds3gb - that'll be me. Glad you looked us up

Comment

How much were it?
        CBLUE
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

@jimbob...all down to the tyre fitter and the machine they use. Some of the hoffmann machines dont require any user input with a tyre lever, the method you are referring to should only be used on steel wheels. Its a bit of rough method removing tyres, remember we have to get the tyres on the wheels without damaging them almost immediately after they have been lacquered and cooled!

@ds3adi - no probs!

@cblue - this wheel was done for a customer who claimed through the wheel and tyre insurance sold by the dealer. For a similar wheel you would be looking at £80-£90 for a full refurbishment.

Comment

Cheers DC

Jimbob

Comment

Any half decent fitter should have a decent machine these days, after all most cars come with alloys and low profile tyres. And some of those runflats are a b!tch to get off!

Comment

How long does it take you to refurb one of these alloys ?

Comment

we are on a 3-4 working day turnaround at the minute...busy busy!

Comment

Does the cost include a colour change?
                    IE RED
                    CBLUE
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

@cblue - if its a specific coded colour we have to buy in we would charge for the cost of the paint, standard factory colours are included. Chances are its unlikely we'll use that colour again hence the charge. If you wanted black changing to white or gunmetal or vice versa then no, as these are "stock colours" we are continually using.

Comment

Originally posted by dcwheelrepairs View Post
                        For a similar wheel you would be looking at £80-£90 for a full refurbishment.
                        And at that price I'm assuming you've missed out in your post that the £80-£90 is for a set of 2...

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
                          And at that price I'm assuming you've missed out in your post that the £80-£90 is for a set of 2...
                          per wheel! a fair bit more work has to go into a diamond cut wheel over a standard painted/powder coated alloy. Not to mention the investment into a proper CNC diamond cutting machine....

Comment

There's a bod on ebayselling a refurb wheel for £180 but quoting £300 plus rrp! with our discounts we could get two brand new ones for that rrp. When my school cars go back at the end of lease I am charged £70 per wheel if kerbed.

Comment

I agree totally with your view that the centre-cap 'fingers' which hold it tightly into position pierce the lacquer and then allow the corrosion in. Would a longer term solution to this problem be to leave the centre cap surround painted ie do not machine that section when you refurb the wheels and therefore no further corrosion? I also think by leaving that section painted rather than machined it will make the wheels appear 'larger' and would highlight the outer edge machining further still.

Comment

Working...
                              X