Bellone Wheel Refurbishments...!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Inforwards View Post
    I agree totally with your view that the centre-cap 'fingers' which hold it tightly into position pierce the lacquer and then allow the corrosion in. Would a longer term solution to this problem be to leave the centre cap surround painted ie do not machine that section when you refurb the wheels and therefore no further corrosion? I also think by leaving that section painted rather than machined it will make the wheels appear 'larger' and would highlight the outer edge machining further still.
    issue with painting that section is that you will have primer, paint and lacquer causing it to be tighter on the centre cap. If anything the centre cap could do with the sprung band taking out to reduce the tightness of the cap. I'll have a look at the next one to see if this makes a difference.

@ds3adi - i've seen him selling. I wouldnt mind a few DS3 wheels as they are becoming more common, especially on the insurance side of things. Like to be able to offer an exchange/loan wheel scheme if I can but getting hold of 2nd hand wheels at a reasonable price isnt easy!

Comment

Originally posted by dcwheelrepairs View Post
      issue with painting that section is that you will have primer, paint and lacquer causing it to be tighter on the centre cap. If anything the centre cap could do with the sprung band taking out to reduce the tightness of the cap. I'll have a look at the next one to see if this makes a difference.

@ds3adi - i've seen him selling. I wouldnt mind a few DS3 wheels as they are becoming more common, especially on the insurance side of things. Like to be able to offer an exchange/loan wheel scheme if I can but getting hold of 2nd hand wheels at a reasonable price isnt easy!
      Thanks and good point re cap wd then be tighter but certainly worth having a look at this issue as it is the root cause of Citroens problems with these wheels I am sure so if you can 'cure' it you could be on to a winner. I was tempted to try mine without the spring bands when I fitted them but felt the less times I pushed them on and off the better to eliminate the damage to the lacquer as much as poss. You have the equipment, how about machining off the wheel where the cap fits very slightly by the thickness of the primer/paint/lacquer and then, as I say, leaving painted rather than machining the face around the cap?

Comment

Originally posted by Inforwards View Post
        Thanks and good point re cap wd then be tighter but certainly worth having a look at this issue as it is the root cause of Citroens problems with these wheels I am sure so if you can 'cure' it you could be on to a winner. I was tempted to try mine without the spring bands when I fitted them but felt the less times I pushed them on and off the better to eliminate the damage to the lacquer as much as poss. You have the equipment, how about machining off the wheel where the cap fits very slightly by the thickness of the primer/paint/lacquer and then, as I say, leaving painted rather than machining the face around the cap?
        sorry for late reply - it could be done if the owner of the wheel wishes, and we would still be able to diamond cut the edge should they want that feature on the wheel too. Taking it down would lose the raised area slightly, if we were feeling really trick we could paint that in the roof colour to highlight the centre cap :-)

Comment

martin is there an e-mail address for this company on thier twitter ? he hasnt been on here since november and im looking for somewhere to do my wheel too thank you sir

Comment

http://www.auto-therapy.co.uk/contact-us/

There you go matt
            Proud owner of missing wonky stickers

Comment

Originally posted by mattds3sport View Post
              martin is there an e-mail address for this company on thier twitter ? he hasnt been on here since november and im looking for somewhere to do my wheel too thank you sir
              Twitter leads to Auto Therapy which contains 'Contact us'

Its really not that hard to find things when you know how to use the internet
              My DS3R3... nearly....
              New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

:\ i looked but was looking for dc wheel repairs

(sorry if im not upto standards)
                Last edited by mattds3sport; 12-03-2013, 19:55.

Comment

Originally posted by mixin View Post
                  cheers mix will have to get you some cheese

Comment

would have liked to seen a before and after pic, not just an after.
                    Perla Nera Black w/Black Roof 1.6 e-HDi 115 Airdream DSport Plus

Comment

Originally posted by mattds3sport View Post

(sorry if im not upto standards) wont ask next time
                      I've been looking in the wrong place all day for something. Not on here though. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by ds3adi View Post
                        I've been looking in the wrong place all day for something. Not on here though. Lol
                        Two girls, one cup ??

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nufc_ds3 View Post
                          would have liked to seen a before and after pic, not just an after.
                          Just had an email from a member on here which reminded me to come back and check the site. I'll do you a before and after on Matts if he goes ahead, if not I've put a note in my diary to do you one for next time. I can provide before and afters of other DC wheels should you want?

Comment

Working...
                          X