I want some fun in my 155 THP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want some fun in my 155 THP

So i had my 155 THP for about 3 months now and its done 1550 miles. So far i haven't gone above 3500 rpms so that i can break it in a bit. It's that point in time where i think i want some fun with a smile and grin on my face. So the question is, how many revs do you guys take it to? The thing i don't want to bust or cause the engines problems by ragging it to 6000 revs.

Thrash the arse off it!

JB

Comment

Go to the redline! Thats what its there for

Comment

Red line it.

To be honest, I think everyone says just drive it and have fun from the start.
        My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

As with everyone else, to the Red Line!

You've missed out on 3 months of fun.
          Proud owner of missing wonky stickers

Comment

If it doesn't bounce off the limiter, you're doing it wrong.
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

As above. Push it to the limit.

- DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Ive driving like an OAP for thd last 3months. Im really tempted to redline it but with all crap problems on the THP, im afraid to. A girl friend is getting a RCZ GT and she is adamant she can whip my ass in it and that my poncey little is no match for it. It's got the 200THP is it right? Is she right?

Comment

Originally posted by Dyu View Post
                  Ive driving like an OAP for thd last 3months. Im really tempted to redline it but with all crap problems on the THP, im afraid to. A girl friend is getting a RCZ GT and she is adamant she can whip my ass in it and that my poncey little is no match for it. It's got the 200THP is it right? Is she right?
                  50 extra horses out of the box. Chances are she'll probably tan you especially if you continue changing half way through the range.
                  cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

She might if you're stuck on OAP mode.

Honestly, just go and have some fun, maybe not red line it, but after driving it and having fun whilst doing it, you'll figure out how and when to push it. You need the practice before a girl beats you
                    My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

It'll be close but I doubt she'd thrash you. DS3 is faster to 60. But top end she'd probably pull away.

Parkers Specs - Citroën DS3 1.6 THP 16V (155bhp) DSport

Parkers Specs - Peugeot RCZ Coupe 1.6 THP GT (200bhp)
                      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

As far as I'm aware, they're both about the same off the line. The RCZ is slightly heavier so the increased power compensates rather than make it quicker than the DSport THP. The RCZ has a higher top speed though.
                        DS3 DSport 150 THP

Comment

There are some talented female drivers out there. I quite like the rear of the RCZ but the front looks aweful. I dont think its a 200thp version becausee shes only paying £15k for a two & half year old car. Anyway i always let a girl beat me juat in just they rear end me . im going to warm the engine up by driving 15nin and rag the crap of it. There's never a chav driving about in High Wycombe

Comment

There's never a chav driving about in High Wycombe
                            Gimme 20mins, I'll be there soon.
                            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Only 30 minutes from me

Have fun! Report back!
                              My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Working...
                              X