Spare wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare wheel

Hi all. Having owned my car for two weeks I wondered if I had a spare wheel or a repair kit so I looked in the boot and what did I find? A jack, a locking wheel nut key and that's it!! Not even a repair kit which I had in my last DS. Am I missing it or is it not supplied anymore?

Oh :confused:, I bought mine last June and it came with an orange repair kit, I upgraded to a spare wheel as I do quite a lot of long journeys and was worried that with all the pot holes I see a repair might not be possible....
    sigpic

Comment

Citroen are now supplying the Sports with spare wheels since model year 20.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

If you didn't get the spare you should have that repair kit. If not there should talk to your dealer.

about time they made that standard. then your missing your wheel! Call your dealer!
        Last edited by cyclone; 14-02-2013, 15:34. Reason: bigfeets post
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

You don't get a jack with the repair kit, so if you've got a jack I'd would assume you're missing the spare wheel, as Cyclone said, call your dealer and get them to sort it out one way or the other ( I'd insist on the spare wheel ).
          DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

i had the repair kit in mime too, soon changed that to a full size alloy / tyre then went to scrap yard and got a as new spare wheel set /kit for £15 all sorted
            have sold the racing but ive still got the ultra prestige

Comment

Thanks. Will speak to the dealer to find out what's going on. A little odd to have a jack and no wheel!! If I need to buy a wheel, how much should I expect to pay and where do I get one from?

Comment

you dont need to buy one youve already bought one when you bought the car its just missing. lol

Comment

I'll get on to the dealer first thing and find out where it is!!

Comment

i would of thought that the dealer should of found it missing when they checked the car over before they handed the car over to you, also it will be only a space saver wheel unless they have started putting full size steel wheels instead i got my full size alloy & tyre as part of the deal for my car
                    so good luck as you say you have the jack so where is the wheel ?????

Comment

Originally posted by Rach h View Post
                      Thanks. Will speak to the dealer to find out what's going on. A little odd to have a jack and no wheel!! If I need to buy a wheel, how much should I expect to pay and where do I get one from?
                      if you want an alloy & tyre it could be up £400 if its just a steel wheel they are on ebay for about £150 -250 with the spare wheel kit but you shouldnt need to buy get the dealer to sort it out and dont take no for an answer
                      ron

Comment

I bought mine in June 2012 and it came with the repair kit, the dealer told me this before hand. I told them I wanted a spare space saver wheel instead so we came to a bit of deal over the cost and I picked it up a few weeks later. I thought I did quite well (I also have the repair kit and tyre compressor) unless Biggie is telling me I should have got the wheel for free ???
                        sigpic

Comment

Hope this helps
                          i currently have repair kit (CRAP) now i got my car second hand so kit was from new but i wanted a spare wheel +jack + brace
                          so phoned to see what i could get
                          long story short to help me out they said they would get me a space saver wheel and tyre +jack+brace and i would need to give them the repair kit + £85 as £85 is what it costs for them to order space saver + jack + brace for a new car so this weekend i will be heading to my local dealer to pay for the spare wheel and jack and then i will have peace of mind if i do get a puncture

BTW repair kits are what they put in cars as standard and if you want the spare wheel then thats an optional extra which you WILL be charged for (£85) as i said my local dealer is helping me out this way
                          http://www.ds3club.co.uk/attachment....4&d=1420569803
                          :rolleyes: Too Good For Heaven & Too Bad For Hell :mad:

sigpic

Comment

Well the wheel problem is sorted. It's me being ditzy!! There was a polystyrene ring covering the tyre, and with the jack in the middle I didn't see it. So I do have one after all. It's a good job I didn't get on the phone ranting at the dealer. Sorry luffields!!

Comment

HAHA glad you got it sorted!
                              Originally posted by cyclone
                              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                              Originally posted by Broda
                              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
                              X