Stop/start re starting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop/start re starting?

I have the Stop/Start feature on my car which seems to be re starting on it's own when sat in traffic. Is this right or should it only re start when the Clutch pedal is pressed down??

Originally posted by Goonerman1 View Post
    I have the Stop/Start feature on my car which seems to be re starting on it's own when sat in traffic. Is this right or should it only re start when the Clutch pedal is pressed down??
    Sounds normal. If I remember correctly, there's like 70+ reasons it will re-start or not turn off when stopped.

Are you stopped in traffic for an extended period? Got the radio on loud? Have the aircon on? etc. All factors effecting the charge.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

The restart is correct.My DS3 does the same thing.The length of engine stop depends on length of journey , and what things you have running on the car like fan ,heated ,rear window, lights etc
      e-HDi 110 DSport Plus Perla Nera Black Metallic

Comment

Yep as above, after a long journey mine can wait over 5mins (nearer 10) before it restarts, on short journeys less than a minute depending upon the battery drain etc. I think Bigfeet posted a list of factors that affect the start/stop activity but I couldn't find it this morning......
        sigpic

Comment

ahhhhh interesting..... thanks for the quick responses guy

Comment

Interesting stuff, I have noticed the same thing. I just put it down to either the battery running down or the engine starting to cool. Sometimes it will go off then kick in less than 10 seconds later if I'm stopped just after starting my journey.

Comment

Little hint to find the info...

↓↓↓↓↓
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Courtesy of Bigfeet: Function - Stop and Start.
                - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

cheers

Comment

Recently bought an airdream 110 ,if engine restarts after being stationary due to stop start function i find it will not stop again unless i move off or depress clutch again.Is this normal.
                    DS3 1.6THP 165 Pearlescent Ink. White roof.

Comment

^ Yes

I take it what you are trying to ask is that if the engine restarts by it's own accord is the 'stop' function is disabled until you set off. When the engine restarts the onboard ECU has picked something up which it is not happy with.
                      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                      Bigfeet's File Repository
                      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I thought when i first had car that the engine would go into stop mode and after being stationary for awhile the engine would restart , say for instance aircon on then would after go back into stop mode whilst in still stationary or until i pressed clutch.Now once engine restarts it never goes into stop mode unless i depress clutch again.

If I depress clutch pedal after stop/start restarts engine the engine will stop, and will restart after awhile again if engine starts I can stop engine by depressing clutch again.I hope this makes sense.
                        Last edited by peter m; 01-08-2013, 18:48.

Comment

Hi guys
                          Is this stop/start feature on all brand new models or just an added feature?

Comment

As far as I know its on all airdream models,unless someone says different

Comment

Originally posted by peter m View Post
                              I thought when i first had car that the engine would go into stop mode and after being stationary for awhile the engine would restart , say for instance aircon on then would after go back into stop mode whilst in still stationary or until i pressed clutch.Now once engine restarts it never goes into stop mode unless i depress clutch again.

If I depress clutch pedal after stop/start restarts engine the engine will stop, and will restart after awhile again if engine starts I can stop engine by depressing clutch again.I hope this makes sense.
                              Sounds like once the car has restarted that when you press the clutch to stop it again you are also restarting the logic circuit that decides if and how long the the engine should shut down.
                              Originally posted by cyclone
                              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                              Originally posted by Broda
                              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
                              X