Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by john55810uk View Post
    What "minor" cold snap?
    That little bit of bad weather we had during the latter part of last year. You know, when it hit about -10 or so.

Comment

We went somewhat further down the scale than -10 and then it came back for a 2nd hit

Comment

I know, you guys in the SE got hit bad. Even worse than anything I ever experienced when I lived up north!

Comment

Hi, Has anybody resolved this yet?
          I have a November 2012 DS3 1.6 THP with Leather.
          I have downloaded the wiring diagram, thanks for this, but it does not have a key to it? i.e it has the wiring numbers, but not what the colours are?
          I have had a look under my driver seat, by sliding the seat fully back and looking from the drivers side foot well backwards and up with a torch and can see a black loom of 4 x cables approx 1mm2 coming up from the body of the car, with what look like 2x green and yellow cables, i am guessing these are earths, and orange cable, and 1 other. These go to a multi plug mounted on the underside of the driver seat.
          Additionally i can see towards the rear of the seat two wires a green one and a black one, also approx 1mm2 connecting to, what i am guessing is a sensor to sense if a person is sitting on it, for the seat belt warning buzzer. I can not see any wires going off
          to any heater elements?
          So my question is this -
          1. Does anybody have the key to the wiring diagram? or can they identify what cables do what by colour - specifically the feeds to the elements? are they multiple,i.e one for base, one for backrest?
          2. Has anybody done the conversion successfully? and did they take any photos? have any guidance?

Thanks in Advance, Tim

Comment

Thing is about heated seats- they take a couple mins to warm up with leather. Youre usually halfway down the road before you feel any warmth
            To me, its the initial squeaky backside on seat feeling LOL - awful if yer shirt rides up and you hit the cold leather- so thats why gone for cloth me

Thing is bout cloth- it gets dirty easy, and most cleaners are bleach based and take the strength of the colour with them
            Leathers easy to clean and keep nice. Good when it gets a few wear lines in too

Had a Citroen Xsara a long time ago- always remember the lumbar tensioner- think it was wires in the driver seat horizontally tightened up/ loosened.
            Was great for the back- never seen them on another car
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Thanks, thats cleared that one up nicely.

Have you ever thought about a career as a Technical Author?

I mean the way you described that was spot on, guided me through the problem to a successful resolution.

Its comforting to know that when you ask a fellow Human what is a pretty specific question, you can get a reasonable, proportionate answer.

Anyway, must dash now, I'm off the the garage to get my chainsaw, so i can cut my nice new leather seats out and replace them with cloth ones, i just found in the living room.

As a treat, i will eat my socks afterwards.

Keep rolling your own my friend

Comment

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Fabian View Post
                  It's not only the Frensh market which has the heated seats.
                  My dutch car also has it

Think you only need to buy the switches and ask the UK dealer to activate it with Lexia III
                  Perhaps Citroen don't think the UK is cold enough for heated seats. I remember when the C5 came to the UK the early ones did not have rear wipe wash on them but those in rest of Europe did. Strange people working at Citroen sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by timtim View Post
                    Thanks, thats cleared that one up nicely.

Have you ever thought about a career as a Technical Author?

I mean the way you described that was spot on, guided me through the problem to a successful resolution.

Its comforting to know that when you ask a fellow Human what is a pretty specific question, you can get a reasonable, proportionate answer.

Anyway, must dash now, I'm off the the garage to get my chainsaw, so i can cut my nice new leather seats out and replace them with cloth ones, i just found in the living room.

As a treat, i will eat my socks afterwards.

Keep rolling your own my friend
                    You.. I like you.

Not something I've seen done on here so far. If you can be bothered to browse through Google translate ds3spirit.com might have someone who's done it though.
                    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

A little un-called for timtim...

IF I can be bothered I will sort out what you need...
                      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                      Bigfeet's File Repository
                      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Fabian View Post
                        It's not only the Frensh market which has the heated seats.
                        My dutch car also has it

Think you only need to buy the switches and ask the UK dealer to activate it with Lexia III
                        I just adore those seats, want some, want some!!

Comment

I'm quite interested in this now, I don't want to heat my ass but would like to know if the heater elements are already in the seats. Also how much Citroen dealers charge to activate them, fit switches etc...

Oh don't forget the second part to this original thread - http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...r-Seats-Part-2

Looks like no one ever got these hooked up
                          Last edited by lfcrule1972; 22-03-2013, 11:45.
                          sigpic

Comment

Spoke to a very knowledgable mechanic at my Citroen dealer today and he told me the leather seats for the UK do not contain the heating elements. It is possible to fit the and cost would be around £100 per seat for the element. Don't think its worth it. Maybe cheaper to get leather seats from a breaker abroad?

Comment

Very possibly true. I work in the Toyota factory on parts delivery and all wiring harnesses are standard across the range regardless of which model , saves on costs both producing and fitting.
                              The seats should be fairly easy to access to look at to see if wiring is there.

Comment

U.K. Cars don't have heated seats and there is no wiring looms for them in any uk cars I reto fitted VW repair kits into my leather seats
                                http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
                                2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
                                DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Working...
                                X