• Show
Clear All

• So what's your average mpg! No lies please

Just wondering what people's mpg is include a pic if you can to prove it

Mine is as follows

1.6 vti white edition and I get 37.1 on avg it's mainly town driving

I will include a pic tomorrow

Car computer currently says 36.1mpg, Fuelly currently says 35.3mpg:

Depending on the journey, varies anywhere from 20mpg to 45mpg. I never worry about it though, I don't do enough miles for it to matter.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

The Computer lies - in my case by about 10% - by 'lies' here's the test:

Fill up, reset computer 2 and leave it until you fill up again. Manual comparison - note the mileage at fill up.

Dive a lot of miles.

Refill tank, note what mpg computer 2 says your mpg is (And reset to repeat test).

Manual Comparison, note mileage so you have how many miles you've covered since refill - see how many litres to refill (which is the amount of fuel you needed to cover the distance travelled (convert to gallons) - miles/gallons = mpg...

So my computer will say, say 38mpg, manual comparison 34 mpg..... about 10% difference...

The 10% difference is quite consistent for my car, may be different for yours....

I get different mpg depending on my driving style, traffic conditions but I've done a manual comparison for every tank I've put in and it's nearly always 10% different...

My 'real' average over 30000 miles - 37/38 mpg .... more than happy, work hard, don't care

Regards,
      Clive.
      CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
      DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

I normally get about 38-42 MPG a tank (from actually calculating it as opposed to the onboard comp) on mixed roads on my commute. When I was in France recently the best I got over the Autoroutes was 56MPG!
        On an odd note I once went for a 2 hour blast and despite some hard acceleration and high revving my indicated MPG actually went up...
        '10 DSport in Black/Carmen Red 'Daisy' - Traded back in
        '61 DSport+ in White/Black 'Poppy'
        'We do what we must, because we can.'
        Entropy... It's not what it used to be...

Comment

Originally posted by CliveP View Post
          The Computer lies - in my case by about 10%.
          Exactly why I use Fuelly too, it does all the calculations for me
          - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Yeah I was aware that the cars mpg calculator is a little liberal lol, just signed up for Fuelly too !

Mine is below and this was after a trip to Southport via Manchester, don't normally average as high as this

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/lfcrule1972/ds3-dsport
            Last edited by lfcrule1972; 08-08-2013, 07:27.
            sigpic

Comment

Lol!!! Computer lies!!!

Really guys, computers can't lie. They just work with the data supplied, which in that case you can argue that Fuelly is lying too.

Just work it out with some good old fashioned maths, it's not that difficult
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I am happy to be corrected mate, but the average MPG on the trip computer does appear to slightly up the mpg, if I'm using Fuelly now at least I'll have a comparison !
                sigpic

Comment

Belles readings is 42.7 n that's mainly urban . I'm happy with that

Comment

Dsport 110eHDI - 52 mpg - tank to tank refill - computer showing 54.5mpg - I do drive it quite hard aswell.

Ken
                    D-Sport 146.7ps HDi - Hickory - Pearlescent Dysentery
                    MK7 Golf GTI - Performance Pack

Comment

115 Diesel, only a month old an showing 57mpg all urban...(more would be better, but if i am honest we are chuffed to bits with it) but still nearly double to what i was getting in our vauxhall Astra VXR - Roll on France in a couple of weeks time when we get on them motorways/Tolls all the way to the south of Marseille :cool:
                      The Truth is Out There !

Comment

this might be a daft question but is it better to take the motoraway or normal roads fuel wise?

Comment

Old Michelin energy saver tyres -56 mpg
                          New Turanza tyres just fitted - 49 mpg

Big disappointment!

JB

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisH:) View Post
                            this might be a daft question but is it better to take the motoraway or normal roads fuel wise?
                            Define a "normal road!!!"
                            A steady speed of about 55mph is best so if a normal road has lots of lights you're probably better off on a motorway!

JB

Comment

no need to define. just a road that isnt a motorway -_-

Comment

Working...
                              X