No announcement yet.

So what's your average mpg! No lies please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You did read the rest of FatS post didn't you Chris ?
    sigpic

Comment

Oh yes!
      Let's not kid ourselves,
      It's capable of.....
      Cruisy/touring @ 60mpg
      Normal/commuting @ 50mpg
      Mixed/faster ~40mpg
      [ Or, as I'll probably find out in the near
      future, 30(!) ]
      I'll let ya know as i get 'used' to it.
      :cool: YELLOWS :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
        You did read the rest of FatS post didn't you Chris ?
        Yes- and its still marvellous....

And I do my fair bit of motorway cruising...couple hundred per tank
        Last edited by Chris_Blue; 11-08-2013, 16:10.
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

At present daily commute is giving me 37.4 to the gallon.

Sent from my GT-I9100
          Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

mine (110 eHDI) currently displaying 48.6 average mpg - and has since I started driving it, now on 11k.
            DS 3 1.6 THP 165 DSport - Ink Blue body / Black roof.

Comment

That's a bit low for an oil burner....is it not?
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

It's not as high as some I've seen, however I put it down to slightly spirited driving and heavier right foot - I don't like to let anything overtake me =)

Service due in the next month so I'm sure if there's something wrong they'll pick it up whilst changing the oil ;-P

Not too worried as it's been constant, rather than a suspicious drop.
                DS 3 1.6 THP 165 DSport - Ink Blue body / Black roof.

Comment

No lies then. My THP155 in Sydney a hilly city with London like traffic sometimes is giving between 29-38mpg. I did hire a DS3 Hdi90 for a trip around Scotland taking it easy on holidays and that was getting 55mpg but I was happy to get back into the THP when I got home. Of course we don't pay as much for petrol as you do in Blighty.

Comment

Just arrived back home from a trip up to Scotland in my THP - didn't venture far enough north to see a Bigfeet in its natural habitat, but spent a few days in very pleasant scenery near Pitlochry. Anyway, it was the first extended run I've had in the car, so was interested to see what sort of MPG I could get.

On the run up, I took the scenic route by mostly A-roads, and was rewarded with a figure of 45.5 mpg from the trip computer. Coming back though, I used motorways whenever possible, and the figure dropped to a still fairly respectable 44.0 mpg (see photo)

I've filled it up at the same pump as I used before the journey, to the 3rd 'click' both times, and by my calculations I actually achieved 42.25 mpg overall for the 700 mile round-trip, so I'm not too dis-chuffed with that. Air-con was switched on to 'AUTO' at all times, and the weather on the return journey was sufficiently bad to require dipped-headlights and windscreen-wipers more or less all the time, just to add to the load on the engine.
                    Attached Files

Comment

2012 e-Hdi 110 Dsport+, covered about 4k miles last month avaraged 52 Mpg, (tank to tank calculation) peak of 56mpg. 16k total so far. Don't know how to work the trip computer as it doesn't seem to be working?

Comment

Did the trip computer section in the drivers handbook not help ?
                        sigpic

Comment

I've been surprised to find that I've been achieving 64.2 MPG in my e-HDI 115 DSport+ after only 1 week of ownership! Done 700 miles this week which is far more than I'll normally be doing, so it's had a good run. But so far, impressed - hopefully it'll improve. This is with mixed driving and travelling at 70mph when I'm on the motorway using Cruise Control when possible!

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                            Looking good - put that AC on Auto though
                            Does putting the A/C on Auto save fuel? I'm still mastering the auto air con having had a car with manual air con for 4 years!

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
                              Oh, an mpg thread...

HOW DO I GET MY LEDs ON AT NIGHT PLEEEEEEEASE ?

Mines still 80 on the comp but actual is 70-75.
                              That's impressive! How are you managing that?!

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalCal View Post
                                Does putting the A/C on Auto save fuel? I'm still mastering the auto air con having had a car with manual air con for 4 years!
                                AC uses more fuel (auto is just an AC setting, i.e. you've not changed the vent it's pushing the air out of or the fan motor speed, the AC 'decides' on Auto), but I wouldn't give a hoot about the difference in mpg if I were you - for the difference I really can't be bothered to worry I work hard, I run two cars, I OCD detailing, and I love my cars, foot down, foot up, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy

Regards,
                                Clive.
                                CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
                                DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Working...
                                X