Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THP 155 Acceleration

Hello everyone

First off let me say i actually joined this forum a fair while ago when i got my first DS3 (DStyle Plus Diesel 110) but never got round to posting on the site as i had quite a negative experience of the car (door leaked and held water, various engine management problems poor customer service from citroen). I ditched the car and bought a mini coupe SD after being given the run around by my dealership and citroen.

Funny thing is i actually loved the style, look and feel of the car so much so that i have got another one and transferred the mini to the Mrs. I am now the proud leaser of a Citroen DS3 THP 155 Dsport Plus courtesy of Citroen Slough (im not making the mistake of buying this time round) and have to say that i am still as in love with the car as i was first time round and wow the gearbox is so much smoother on the THP.

I do have one question though and its primarliy the reason i've bitten the bullet and decided to post.

Having driven 2 diesels, the DS3 and latterly the mini SD, one of which is torquey as hell (Mini Coupe SD 141bhp and 225lb ft) i kind of feel like the THP is somewhat flat in performance even though its 0-62 is apparently quciker than the SD. Having not driven petrol for ages im just wondering if i need to floor it in first in order to extract the best performance (neither deisels seemed to like first gear much but once you entered 2nd gear boom you were away). Ive only had the car for 12 hours and havent had time to properly test it so maybe its just me needing to get used to the performance band of the gears.

Advice? is it normal to have to flaw it in first in a petrol turbo?

Other than that i still love the look and interior and the rear lights / gearbox are a nice improvement.

Belated welcome

Sure someone will be along to help you soon. My DS3 driving experience is my 120vti and Dangerousfish's THP, so I'm lacking any relevant knowledge to help. Just thought I'd say hi
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Thanks for the hello i did test drive a VTI 120 before i got my 110 and remember feeling the same when compared to the 110 which i also test drove. I think i must be just too conditioned into driving diesels at the moment. One thing i do not miss is the sound of a tractor when i start the engine....THP is super quiet in comparison.

Comment

2 years later here he is! Welcome

Have you tried setting off with the ESP disabled? ESP has a tendency to hold back a lot of the horses in the THP I imagine this may be what's holding you back.

Let us know how you get on.
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

lets put it this way, your thp will redline at 6000rpm, try doing that in a diesel Petrol engines will have lower torque but a much higher rev range.

the THP's 155 horses are delivered at 6000rpm so you wont feel the high end of power until your near on the limit.
          Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Hi, welcome, I'm staying out of this one though I have a cracking diesel 115 DS3 and I love it, just wanted to say hi !
            sigpic

Comment

Hi Azazle. Couple of suggestions, but I am no mechanic- Maybe give it a few days to settle, and what fuel you using? (BP Ultimate IMO)
              Assuming the engine is at working temperature. (Needle a tiny fraction over halfway)
              1st isn't great and you have to wait to red line it, (So I don't redline it) but going to second, then third, it should pretty much take off
              Assume you do feel the turbo kick in?

Personally I think the 155 is pretty good at around 7 secs 0-62, but most of that comes from welly in second

NB- I have a 200 cpsi Sports Catalytic converter, 63mm exhaust non-standard, so my turbo is a bit freer,
              Last edited by Chris_Blue; 15-08-2013, 12:32.
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                but most of that comes from welly in second
                and the fact it is lighter than most other small hatchbacks
                Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Welcome back to the club

Depending on conditions, for a quick 0-60 time, I usually accelerate 3/4 power in 1st up to 30mph (usually prevents wheelspin), change to 2nd then floor it up to 60mph. As Chris says, you should definitely feel the turbo kick in while in 2nd.
                  - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                  - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I will have a play with (ESP) this and see what happens. Im due to take it for a fairly long run to Kent (i live near Norwich) tomorrow so i may have a play with it enabled / disabled at various points. Thanks of the tip.
                    Last edited by azazle; 15-08-2013, 12:41.

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
                      Depending on conditions, for a quick 0-60 time, I usually accelerate 3/4 power in 1st up to 30mph (usually prevents wheelspin), change to 2nd then floor it up to 60mph. As Chris says, you should definitely feel the turbo kick in while in 2nd.
                      Completely agree:bow:
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

See, in my diesel i'd be in 3rd at 30 and accelerating fast but that i think is my problem....im trying to drive it like a diesel. I think i need to take it for a proper spin and see what happens with more 'liberal' use of the expensive pedal.

Comment

Normal fuel from citroen, yet to re-fuel but was given 4 bars!

Comment

Where abouts are you? Might be a meet near you soon, or not so near so you could give her a run and meet up with some of us
                            My DS3R3... nearly....
                            New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by azazle View Post
                              Normal fuel from citroen, yet to re-fuel but was given 4 bars!
                              Thatll be the cheapest fuel then

Picked mine up empty as told them to do (Photo in one my albums of speedo when picked up)
                              Straight round BP to fill up with Ultimate- cleans as it burns LOL
                              Last edited by Chris_Blue; 15-08-2013, 12:48.
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                              X