Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheelchair user crashes into my car and doesn't even apologise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's wrong that anyone (cyclist, scooter user etc) can cause damage that is then footed by the non fault party :mad:
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
      I'd have booted him off, jumped on the scooter and drove into his head repeatedly while shouting at him to move because "I'm late for my appointment"
      Is that Politicly correct ?but sounds the way to deal with it

Last Xmas in the local supermarket there was a guy in a mobility Chariot smacking into people and being a complete Nob some guy leant over and took his key out

Priceless and he did say sorry and please can I have my key back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - by Paper Aeroplane
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

put a clamp on it then take a picture and post it on here!
        :ds3:The Parts Advisor:ds3:
        Partsworld-UK.com
        Email
        Call: 01246 268896
        We're also dealers for Alfa, Fiat, Abarth, Hyundai, Seat, Suzuki and Volvo
        *Please take a minute to write a quick review under your items on Partsworld-UK.com and also on Facebook*

Comment

talked to my insurer, pretty much nothing they can do. Anyone recommend a good scratch remover?

Comment

No disrespect to anyone in a wheelchair but if that had happened to me an the guy wouldn't come back and take responsibility for what he did i would have tipped him out of his scooter an dragged him back.
            The Truth is Out There !

Comment

Originally posted by Nintendo View Post
              talked to my insurer, pretty much nothing they can do. Anyone recommend a good scratch remover?
              a Good Detailer will remove a scratch for you take a few pics and see if Clive or any one else can give comment on the damage. Post it in the Detailing forum

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/forumdispla...y-Auto-Finesse
              Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Surely that is criminal damage, is it not?

Criminal Damage Act 1971

Destroying or damaging property.

(1)A person who without lawful excuse destroys or damages any property belonging to another intending to destroy or damage any such property or being reckless as to whether any such property would be destroyed or damaged shall be guilty of an offence.

Click Here
                Last edited by moranphotography; 04-10-2013, 08:21.
                Phil Moran

sigpic

Comment

Just goes to show you how bad insurance policies are.
                  You pay all that money and your not covered for anything. Even if you are you’re too scared to make a claim because your insurance will go up next year!

Good for big accidents. Sh!te for little ones
                  94JDA

Comment

Just to clarify a little here my mum rides one of these mobility scooters and it has tax and insureance to cover stuff like this happening the scooters have a dial and / or switch on them to limit the speed to a certain speed the idea behind that is the speed is no higher then 4mph on a pavement and i think 8 to 12 mph on the road now if this guy bought the scooter privately he doesnt have to get insureance but if he was going on the pavement at more then 4mph then he is breaking the law so the police should be able to prosecute him now if the guy got the scooter through the motability scheme (they have a scheme for cars and scooters/wheelchairs) then as part of the deal he has insureance so you could claim on it now the problem there is finding out if the guy was on the mobility scheme or not the only way i can suggest this is to phone them up and ask there advice on this as if you have his name etc they should be able to tell you if he is on the scheme therfore able to put in a claim against him the motability number is 08454564566 . Hope this helps you out in some way

Comment

Nice work
                      sigpic

Comment

Good info Bobo
                        Phil Moran

sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys its something i looked into a lot for someone else and if its something that can help others then im happy to share

Comment

I'd have dragged the old fart off his scooter & made sure he had plenty more hospital appointments in the near future!!!

Comment

....of course you would
                              ChrisRs Detailing, Bingley, West Yorks
                              eMail: chrisrsdetailing@outlook.com

2014 Citroen DS4 DSport 160 Hdi, Whisper Purple

Comment

My workmate had a chap on a mobility scooter pull out across him coming out of ASDA the other day and call him an ignorant see you next Tuesday as he nearly hit him as was not expecting him to make a dash for it.
                                62 Reg DS3 DStyle Plus - Sport Red with Black Roof

Comment

Working...
                                X