steamy windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steamy windows

Havung problems with windows steaming up on new ds3. Went to dealer and was told it was a characteristic of this
    car although not with them all Eh and to cure the problem I should leave my air con on all the time. This is a cop out , with air con on u lose 50 miles per tank.. Reason I bought this car was to save money on fuel. Dealer ship are full of crap and I made it clear that running with air con all the time to stop windows steaming up is a poor excuse. This has to be a fault not a characteristic. Anyone else had this problem

Try turning the air circulator off.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I haven't had that problem with mine. The inside of your car maybe damp so try blasting along with the windows open to air it, or even put a dehumidifier in for a few hours.
      I think modern a/c is pretty efficient and won't compromise efficiency by 10%.

Comment

I've never had this problem, I have the air con set to auto all the time and have still managed 550 (very economically driven) miles from a full tank in a THP.
        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Thanks for replys. Air circulation has been off each time its happened. I had been driving for around an hour the other day, never touched anything and all the windows steamed up, gad to put frint windscreen heater in to clear it. Has happened 4 or 5 times in the last week

Comment

Internal demister spray helps. £3 for 100ml off ebay
            Last several days
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by roddyg25 View Post
              Thanks for replys. Air circulation has been off each time its happened. I had been driving for around an hour the other day, never touched anything and all the windows steamed up, gad to put frint windscreen heater in to clear it. Has happened 4 or 5 times in the last week
              In that case it would point towards the cabin filter needs changing. Take this problem only occurs when the AC is running and not when it is off?

Comment

No, air con has been off every time

Comment

Then it would point towards moisture in the system either in the pipes or as I said the cabin filter may want changing.

Comment

I wonder what you're doing in the car to make it steam up in the first place...

Comment

Originally posted by joeking27 View Post
                      I wonder what you're doing in the car to make it steam up in the first place...

Comment

since the cabin filter is outside the cabin (engine compartment - under drivers wiper arm) i am guessing the problem lies here. condensation will form on it from outside, then water vapour will be get sucked cabin and condense on the window. best replace the filter at regular intervals.
                        Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Always have the aircon ON...Never turn it off and you wont have this problem
                          If anyone tells you its wastes fuel....they are talking bullsh**
                          ChrisRs Detailing, Bingley, West Yorks
                          eMail: chrisrsdetailing@outlook.com

2014 Citroen DS4 DSport 160 Hdi, Whisper Purple

Comment

Originally posted by robbo51 View Post
                            Always have the aircon ON...Never turn it off and you wont have this problem
                            If anyone tells you its wastes fuel....they are talking bullsh**
                            Source?
                            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Tomato sauce for me please
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X