Knocking :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knocking :(

So my ds3 has covered 4000 miles from new and has developed a knock from the osf wheel area when going over some bumps/uneven roads. So back to the garage it will go. And while its there they can also take a look at the driver side rear speaker that seems to be rattling.

Has anyone had a knocking problem like this with theres ?

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No nothing from mine, hope you get it fixed soon
    DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
    Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Am sure it will be fine mate. But i know one thing for sure at 3 month old it shouldn't be doing that

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky ds3 View Post
        Am sure it will be fine mate. But i know one thing for sure at 3 month old it shouldn't be doing that

Can you let us all know what it is when you find out
        DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
        Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Yeah it would be good to know, knocking from that area can be loose wheel nuts/suspension/bushes etc..... Not had this with either of my two DS3's, I'm assuming you've checked the wheel nuts are all torqued correctly ?

Did you check out the similar threads at the bottom of the page to see if they can help at all ?
          Last edited by lfcrule1972; 13-11-2013, 06:55.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gazski66 View Post
            Can you let us all know what it is when you find out
            Yea sure mate

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
              Yeah it would be good to know, knocking from that area can be loose wheel nuts/suspension/bushes etc..... Not had this with either of my two DS3's, I'm assuming you've checked the wheel nuts are all torqued correctly ?

Did you check out the similar threads at the bottom of the page to see if they can help at all ?
              Yea mate I've checked wheel bolts etc so will leave it to the garage to sort out.

Comment

Mines been doing this from about 1000 miles, been to citroen numerous times, no fault found. Gave up on it for a few months just accepted it as a quirk! Then the other day it got really bad, actually made me pull over as I thought the wheel was coming off! So out I went with a tech on wed, we've come to the conclusion that it's the top mount. So it's going back in on Wed next week to be stripped for more investigation! The car is now on 12,000 miles. I'll post up with the findings.
                I have a recording of the noise somewhere I'll see if I can post it up somehow.
                BumbleBee OneTwenteeee!

Comment

Originally posted by Sash View Post
                  Mines been doing this from about 1000 miles, been to citroen numerous times, no fault found. Gave up on it for a few months just accepted it as a quirk! Then the other day it got really bad, actually made me pull over as I thought the wheel was coming off! So out I went with a tech on wed, we've come to the conclusion that it's the top mount. So it's going back in on Wed next week to be stripped for more investigation! The car is now on 12,000 miles. I'll post up with the findings.
                  I have a recording of the noise somewhere I'll see if I can post it up somehow.
                  Mines is booked in for next week so fingers crossed its something smilier to yours. Its not bad just now more annoying because i can hear it and know a car of 4000 miles shouldn't be doing this keep us posted on the out come

Mark

Comment

Bit of an update: She's not gone in for investigations yes, but the other night I heard a noise like I had driven over a stone or plastic. Now since then the noise has stopped !? I'm still going to send her in, too see if anything has dropped off!
                    BumbleBee OneTwenteeee!

Comment

Had a similar noise from mine after i lowered it, turned out it was a loose drop link.

Comment

Well I didn't take her in, my nan had a funny turn so cancelled to go see her instead. The knocking has gone though.
                        Serviced her today and didn't notice anything untoward going on under there so here to hoping she's fixed herself!!
                        BumbleBee OneTwenteeee!

Comment

Knock knock, who's there?

Click image for larger version

Name:	what-does-the-block-say-knock-knock-knock-knock-knock-car-memes-37571.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	356240
                          Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
                          ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
                          sigpic

Comment

Spoke too soon, it's back. Not quite as bad as before though. Not bad enough for me to lose a days money over anyway!
                            BumbleBee OneTwenteeee!

Comment

Better loose a days money, than it be something serious and it costs lot more than a days money
                              Cant you book it in, and get a courtesy at the same time
                              Got a brand new edhi115 diesel as a courtesy once-
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                              X