Knocking :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigChris View Post
    I have been having knocking problems. They have ordered a soundproofing kit and a new air freshener which should hopefully solve the problem. All free of charge too.
    Are you kidding me?
    Last edited by Ragnarok; 14-01-2014, 08:41.
    Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
    ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
    sigpic

Comment

I have been having knocking problems. They have ordered a soundproofing kit and a new air freshener which should hopefully solve the problem. All free of charge too.
      So other than you not being able to hear the knocking how do Citroen think this will solve your knocking issue?
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

What kind of knocking noise? Are we talking interior or exterior as they would led us different paths and then your comment would make more sense!
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
          So other than you not being able to hear the knocking how do Citroen think this will solve your knocking issue?
          The knocking is the only issue

Comment

The knocking is the only issue
            I'm sure you understand that just because you can't hear the knock from inside the cab it doesn't mean the issue is resolved?
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I wondered if the knocking was the Amp in the boot and the 'kit' is the foam to pad it out a bit ? :confused:
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                I'm sure you understand that just because you can't hear the knock from inside the cab it doesn't mean the issue is resolved?
                The knocking is the only issue. It's caused from the plastic on the dashboard rubbing together. He said the soundproofing kit will stop the two parts from knocking

Comment

haha that's the confusion then. Usually when people say knocking they are referring to a mechanical noise from the engine or suspension. Hence people wondering about Citroen ordering a soundproofing kit.
                  Originally posted by cyclone
                  It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                  Originally posted by Broda
                  I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

The knocking is the only issue. It's caused from the plastic on the dashboard rubbing together. He said the soundproofing kit will stop the two parts from knocking
                    I think we've crossed wires somewhere.

When most say "knocking" they're referring to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine_knocking

Glad they're sorting it for you.
                    Last edited by Dangerousfish; 15-01-2014, 12:55.
                    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Ohh right I didn't realise haha. Mines just a noise in the interior

Comment

Quick update, has been 8 months since the top mount was fitted and all is good no more knocking!
                        BumbleBee OneTwenteeee!

Comment

Originally posted by Sash View Post
                          Quick update, has been 8 months since the top mount was fitted and all is good no more knocking!
                          Good news! I have a feeling I have the same issue, need to call the dealer tomorrow and see if I can get it checked. The knocking noise is doing my head in! I have taken a video where the noise can be clearly heard...

Comment

DT757 let us know how you get on at Walker's?

Comment

Originally posted by Sash View Post
                              Nice one mate i wish i could say the same [emoji20] mines has developed a strange rumble/knock from the same corner that was fixed at the start of the year. It only noticeable under 10 mph on uneven roads and pot holes. Its been on 3 test drives with 3 different techs and they don't think nothing is wrong. My response was yes you told me that the last time before the top mount was pulled and found to be at fault. It was in just two weeks ago for its first service and had to have a new cv boot fitted as one of them had split ? On a car a year old with 12000 miles. I don't think the guy at the front desk see the funny side when i said they should just stick condoms over the driveshaft as they will probably last longer [emoji2]

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by cal23 View Post
                                DT757 let us know how you get on at Walker's?
                                Will do! Have you checked my post in the technical section?

Comment

Working...
                                X