Pain in the a***!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pain in the a***!!!!

Either I am missing something or this is a really bad design problem! When I'm driving at night and I don't have my climate control on the buttons above it (Air con, Back de mister etc) are not illuminated!!! which makes it a pain to find the button and also really dangerous whilst driving and fumbling around trying to find the right button. Even turning the CC can be a pain too as it's buttons are blacked out!!! Please tell me I am missing something here!!!

Yep - you're missing something! You've got climate control and I haven't so stop moaning

JB

Comment

Thx Jimbob....real helpful! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Goonerman1 View Post
        Thx Jimbob....real helpful! lol
        It's by design I believe. Have you tried turning up your clock/radio brightness to see if that illuminates the cab a little more so they're visible?
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Thought it was best to leave climate control on auto to keep the seals well lubricated. If you do that then everything should be illuminated at night.
          Well,that is what my wife and I do on our cars and that is what was suggested by the dealers.........Citroen and Jag.

Comment

On the latest version of the car the buttons all light up when the lights are on, I would suggest as Fish offered that you adjust the brightness setting to see if they illuminate. The button you are looking for is on the dashboard between the speedo and revs.
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I didn't know this - I have my AC/Climate control on all the time though....
              sigpic

Comment

Dash is on full brightness. I still think it's bad design that you have to have the CC on permanently to be able to illuminate these switches!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                  I have my AC/Climate control on all the time though....
                  This. No real reason to turn it off tbh. Once it's up to temp you can't hear it. Mine is on Auto all the time.
                  - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                  - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Same, on all the time.
                    Originally posted by cyclone
                    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                    Originally posted by Broda
                    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I just noticed that my dash controls for the AC, fans etc are lit all the time when the lights are on (even with AC on) just as Biggie said earlier
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                        On the latest version of the car the buttons all light up when the lights are on, I would suggest as Fish offered that you adjust the brightness setting to see if they illuminate. The button you are looking for is on the dashboard between the speedo and revs.
                        nope.....doesn't do anything to these buttons

Comment

Don't see why I should have to run my CC all the time just to illuminate these buttons.... I might not want to run it permanently

Comment

Originally posted by Goonerman1 View Post
                            I might not want to run it permanently
                            Out of interest, why not?
                            - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

You should ALWAYS leave it on
                              ChrisRs Detailing, Bingley, West Yorks
                              eMail: chrisrsdetailing@outlook.com

2014 Citroen DS4 DSport 160 Hdi, Whisper Purple

Comment

Working...
                              X