Cars been sold..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cars been sold..

So ive had it 2 years and the time has come for something bigger, Ive gone back to Citroen to sell them the car and not really that happy with there offer! I was thinking around the 10.5k mark... Im i asking to much??

Citeron Ds3 DStyle airdream 1.6 e-HDi.. leather seats and my way sat nav pack, Grey with a black roof and mirrors, 22k miles.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...iles?logcode=p
    sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
    Third time around.
    Work in Progress

Comment

I'm hoping to get £11k for my 62 plate dstyle plus 6k miles.
      sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
      Third time around.
      Work in Progress

Comment

I was offered 10k PX for my 2 year old Dstye+ 21k miles against a new DS3 same model ....so what did they offer you.....
        E HDI 90 White black roof....called free willy.....Because it looks like a Killer Whale .... Now gone to a better place march 2012 to March 2014
        Dstyle+ E Hdi 90 Sport Red Black roof .......The Red Barron ....

Comment

that autotrader link tells me mines worth more! its basic as anything! ive been offered 9.4k
          Last edited by jimdan; 10-12-2013, 17:41.

Comment

I've seen this before, dealers aren't going to offer you top money to buy your second hand DS3 back I'm afraid, they have to make a profit too If you believe their offer is poor are you going to sell it privately ?
            sigpic

Comment

What I found with the dealer part ex, is they don't look over the motor with a fine tooth comb, and just give you the Citroen book price.
              Was happy with what got for my 150, and they had it on the forecourt for a while, eventually sold for less than they paid me.
              So its not always bad- if you worried bout £500- then don't. Take it and move on.
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

When it comes to pricing cars dealers do not pay any extra for options. So the Sat Nav and leather packs are worthless in the trades eyes and your car will have been priced against standard book.

Al;so you need to understand that a dealer will need to spend around £600 on average to bring a used vehicle up to the required standard so had has to be dialled in, dealers are here to make money at the end of the day.

On a side note don't run with what Autotrader or Parkers say and they're idea of price is nothing compared to the real trade books, in fact I have seen months where they numbers are wildly different!
                ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                Bigfeet's File Repository
                The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Rickzayne View Post
                  I'm hoping to get £11k for my 62 plate dstyle plus 6k miles.
                  LOL!!!!!!

*wipes tears from eyes*

On a side note to the OP, trade puts your car around the £8,500 mark, but without exact details it would be hard to confirm.
                  Last edited by Bigfeet; 11-12-2013, 09:20.

Comment

I don't think I've ever sold a car for the price I wanted.....
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                      I don't think I've ever sold a car for the price I wanted.....
                      The issue when selling is that your item is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                        When it comes to pricing cars dealers do not pay any extra for options. So the Sat Nav and leather packs are worthless in the trades eyes and your car will have been priced against standard book.
                        That ties in with what my dealer told me when I bought mine last March. I had decided to go for the basic DStyle (ie without the 'plus' pack) because there was nothing in the plus pack that I wanted, some things that I actively didn't want (eg arm rest) and I couldn't see the point of paying the extra. I asked whether my car's re-sale-ability (is that a word?) would be affected by the absence of the 'plus' features and was told no, it wouldn't. Apparently people are way less interested in bells & whistles on 2nd hand cars than they are on new ones.
                        Shark grey / white Vti 120 DStyle ordered 2 March 2013, built 23 March 2013, collected 20 April 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                          re-sale-ability (is that a word?)
                          Grammar Nazi says.............................................. .............................................NO

JB

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                            I asked whether my car's re-sale-ability (is that a word?)
                            No worries- we know what you mean....use it anyway
                            Don't like Nazis me anyway
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

selling to a dealer has its plus points.... drive one car in and drive a new shiny one straight out. But you will pay dearly for the convenience.
                              The big comfortable show room needs to be paid for.

However most people spending £10k on a car want the security of buying from a dealer, so selling privately isnt easy either ... always worth trying webuyanycar.com , you may well get more than the dealer is offering. I have just bought a DS3 THP for the Girlfriend , we bought privately and paid nearly a grand less than webuyanycar value it at ! So the seller really didnt their homework, that coupled with the fact that as said previously not many people have the confidence to buy privately so I guess the phone didnt ring much !
                              Remember that its possible to negotiate with the sales guy, he wants to sell to you so will have some movement in his profit margin...

Comment

Working...
                              X