What extras are essential?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What extras are essential?

I'm getting a DS3 (currently have a Ka which is my first car so I'm excited)...

What extras do you guys consider essential or recommend going for?

I do sort of 5k miles a year - may increase or decrease but not by all that much. It's mostly short trips with a motorway drive once a week or so.

Hi Charley- which model you getting
    You into looks, or performance
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Either Dsign or Dstyle (my age makes insurance eye watering for anything 'sport'). I love the Dsign by benefit but it's completely dictated and you can't change anything about it, which is the only thing putting me off about it.

I'm probably going to go on the appearance more than anything! I'm planning to keep the car for a while so I'm happy to spend more now for things I'll want in the long run.

Comment

First stop Decals and plastidip then :-)
        Maybe mudguards (I like them and think they help prevent splatter), and a steering wheel cover (For grip)
        Best cheap performance modification - new air filter
        Last edited by Chris_Blue; 23-03-2014, 21:34. Reason: spell
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hi Charley,
          My list would be:
          No.1 Spare wheel instead of can of goop! (A must in my opinion)
          No.2 Hi-Fi (Unless you have your own head unit to swap)
          No.3 mud guards (I just like these on my car ^^)
          No.4 Electric folding mirrors
          No.5 Leather seats from DSport (very nice)
          I don't really know what are extras now days...

Comment

Hi Charley, I got my DSign last July, since then Citroen have added the DSign Plus option which is definitely worth a look, otherwise here's what I added.

The Black Roof - To complete the stormtrooper look (white on white is a no cost option).
            Air Conditioning - Invaluable both in the winter and summer.
            16" Ashera Alloys - You really don't want the standard wheels and covers.
            DRLs - It's just not a DS3 without them.
            One of the packs included all of the chrome rubbing strips and detailing but I think these come as standard now.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardL View Post
              The Black Roof - To complete the stormtrooper look (white on white is a no cost option).
              I saw one with a white body, white roof and black alloys the other day and it looked awesome.

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk
              Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
              Take a pride in your ride
              @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

What extras are essential?

HiFi upgrade is a must have and leather seats are very nice too. Other options are kind of down to what you want/ need.

If you like the colour combo of the Benefit DSign, I'm pretty sure it's just Ruby Red with a Polar White roof and interior. You should be able to specify those colours on a DStyle too. You'd obviously not get the free makeup bag and other Benefit branded stuff though. I'm sure Bigfeet can confirm if the colours are the same.
                - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by RabidRacoon28 View Post
                  I saw one with a white body, white roof and black alloys the other day and it looked awesome.
                  I'm not really a fan of the all white DS3 with the exception of the ones with the roof stickers.

If you can, definitely go for the DStyle. I only bought my DSign with the vision that I'm going to upgrade it when my contract ends in two years time.
                  Run a few quotes, you might find that insurance on a DStyle isn't too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                    and a steering wheel cover (For grip)
                    A steering wheel cover? Just incase the tartan blanket and box of tissues on the parcel shelf aren't enough.
                    All that would be missing are some beige/brown driving gloves and the number plate BE11 END.

Comment

^ i found the bare wheel gets tacky when charging around, and found the leather better to grip
                      As for Bell end.... thats you favourite expression now SFG? LOL. You know what they say....takes one ......
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

^ i found the bare wheel gets tacky when charging around, and found the leather better to grip
                        As for Bell end.... thats you favourite expression now SFG? LOL. You know what they say....takes one ......
                        I suggest people try harder at school thus allowing them to enter the workplace higher up the renumeration ladder therefore being able to afford full leather in their DS3 like the rest of us winners. That is all.

Comment

Yeah- Righto! Not all of want to sit on a dead animal, thats horrible and cold first thing in the morning
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Was watching 'Elementary' and Johnny Lee Miller (Sherlock Holmes) called an American a Bell end which made me laugh so much a little bit of wee came out.
                            Last edited by Superfly Guy; 24-03-2014, 06:14.

Comment

Yeah- Righto! Not all of want to sit on a dead animal, thats horrible and cold first thing in the morning
                              Put some clothes on then!

Comment

Working...
                              X