No announcement yet.

What extras are essential?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think my spacesaver tyre was an extra £50, money well spent I would say.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly Guy View Post
      I think my spacesaver tyre was an extra £50, money well spent I would say.
      +1 to that!
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by Rickzayne View Post
        Where are the drl's on the dSign model? I thought every car after 2013 had to have DRL's because of the EU?
        Only vehicles Type Approved after Feb 7th 2011. The DS3 will have been type approved earlier than that, so DRL's are not a legal requirement.

Comment

The model I've picked has DRL's, but the standard ones just have plastic where they would be and it's an optional extra.

I might stick a spare in then too, just for giggles

It's available Sunday because they have one arriving at the dealer as a display model and I convinced them to give me it instead haha!

Comment

All this bloody talk of punctures! I had a blowout on the M6 tonight
            So glad I had a spare rather than a goo can, tyre still wrecked though.

JB

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post

JB
              Scary!!!

I take it you were ok JB?

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk
              Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
              Take a pride in your ride
              @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post

JB
                How annoying.
                Originally posted by cyclone
                It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                Originally posted by Broda
                I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by RabidRacoon28 View Post
                  Scary!!!

I take it you were ok JB?

Yes thanks Andy

Better news when I got to the Tyre Depot. When they fitted the new tyres they conned me into taking out insurance!
                  Replacement of my tyre allowing for wear and tear and re-insurance therefore cost me £30!

JB

Comment

Feck, glad you're ok Dad, never fun changing a tyre on the side of a motorway though
                    sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=lfcrule1972;145059]Feck, glad you're ok Dad, never fun changing a tyre on the side of a motorway though [/QUOTE

Cheers son and sorry I called you a donut on another thread

Glad it was an inside tyre but hate the sleeping lorry drivers drifting over the line!

JB

Comment

I'm gonna get a spare tyre!

What cleaning stuff would I need for white alloys? I just hose off and clean with a microfibre at the minute then polish, but I learnt to drive in my current car so it's kissed a few curbs and the alloys show it :/

Comment

Originally posted by Charley View Post
                          I'm gonna get a spare tyre!

What cleaning stuff would I need for white alloys? I just hose off and clean with a microfibre at the minute then polish, but I learnt to drive in my current car so it's kissed a few curbs and the alloys show it :/
                          A non acidic wheel cleaner, soft brushes (for tight corners) microfibre mitt/sponge (for face of alloys) and a wheel sealant which will make wheels much easier to clean in the future.

@cleanyourride_uk

Comment

I've ordered poor boys wheel sealant.
                            I have meguiars mirror glaze polish, triple wax car shampoo (cheap but I love it) and carnauba hard wax. I use turtlewax sudden shine for windows and a spray polish for the dash/interior. I tend to wash, polish and vac once a week and wax once a month roughly as long is it's not too hot or raining.
                            I use a microfibre mit for the car and a sponge for the wheels - will that be ok?
                            Can you think of anything else I'll need and recommend a wheel cleaner and brush?

Comment

Please see the wheel cleaning paragraph here in the 4th post:
                              http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....newbie-cleaner

Next please throw away the PB Wheel Sealant. It is a lot of hard work for very, very little gain. Planet Polish Wheel Seal and Shine is cheaper, much quicker and easier to apply and remove and much more effective.

Would suggest you use your mf mitt for the wheels and buy a lambswool mitt for the bodywork.

What is the carnauba hard wax you are using?

@cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Oh, it had really good reviews - I'll see if I can return it. I'll order the planet polish sealant - do you use the applicators it comes with (on Amazon)?

I have no idea what my wax is. It's probably from halfords.

I looked on Autofinnesse - are their brushes as good as the ones you recommended on that thread? If they are I might order them with a lambs wool mit and drying towels.

Comment

Working...
                                X