No announcement yet.

Sahara Dust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank God for Sonax BSD...The dust just washes straight off with a light spray with the hose pipe
    No need to get the PW out even!
    Those having trouble washing it off have no protection on their paintwork at all!!
    ChrisRs Detailing, Bingley, West Yorks
    eMail: chrisrsdetailing@outlook.com

2014 Citroen DS4 DSport 160 Hdi, Whisper Purple

Comment

Originally posted by robbo51 View Post
      Thank God for Sonax BSD...The dust just washes straight off with a light spray with the hose pipe

No need to get the PW out even!

Those having trouble washing it off have no protection on their paintwork at all!!
      Didn't know you had got the BSD pal. What are your thoughts? I am really liking it myself and it does make the car much easier to clean.
      Best of all it creates a great shine and the beading is unreal.

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk
      Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
      Take a pride in your ride
      @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

I need to get some of that Sonax I think Mine is covered in orange sand, it looks like poor mans Racing now lol
        sigpic

Comment

You do
          The single best new product Ive ever used!!
          ChrisRs Detailing, Bingley, West Yorks
          eMail: chrisrsdetailing@outlook.com

2014 Citroen DS4 DSport 160 Hdi, Whisper Purple

Comment

Originally posted by robbo51 View Post
            You do

The single best new product I've ever used!!
            Now there's a recommendation from the great man himself.
            Do not delay, buy today.....

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk
            @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Is the Sonax BSD stuff available in stores or just online? I think I'll give it a go.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardL View Post
                Is the Sonax BSD stuff available in stores or just online? I think I'll give it a go.
                Voilà. http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/index....productId=1178

Online only unless you live near Huddersfield then you could pop in to get some.
                @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Originally posted by RabidRacoon28 View Post
                  Voilà. http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/index....productId=1178

Online only unless you live near Huddersfield then you could pop in to get some.
                  Ah I see, I'll order some when I'm home from work tonight, should hopefully arrive in time for the weekend.

Comment

Thumbs up to the sonax bds. Been using it about 6/7 weeks now and its fantastic. A must have for anyone that cares how there car looks 😄

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by RichardL View Post
                      Ah I see, I'll order some when I'm home from work tonight, should hopefully arrive in time for the weekend.
                      You won't regret it Richard.

This is from one of THE best detailers in the UK:

"So for the last few days have you noticed sand spots over your car?
                      We have more to come too (unfortunately), these sand spots come from pollutants in the air that settle on surfaces here where the most recent has comes from The Sahara.

This is actually happening all the time (pollutants air borne) and does not come from just The Sahara desert, it’s from industry / power stations / trees pollen etc., unfortunately in the UK our weather means it can be very harmful to our pride and joys painted surfaces.

The UK weather and why it’s bad
                      The catalyst needed to make these air borne contaminants to become nasty and stain/etch into the surfaces is heat and moisture, irony is if we were to have really heavy rain constantly, it would wash away the contaminants and keep panel surface temps low enough to not allow the catalyst to happen, at the other end of the scale if we were to have weather like Dubai where there is very little moisture the catalyst would not happen either.
                      When these pollutants sit on our car overnight and then we have dew in the morning as the sun comes out and the dew dries slowly this is enough for the catalyst to start.
                      Or when it rains on a car that’s been sitting in the direct sun light so already very hot (more so on dark coloured cars) if we only have light rain it’s not enough to cool the surface or wash away the contaminants so again the perfect situation for the catalyst to do its nasty stuff.

Even invisible pollen that’s in the air all the time is inert until its mixed with moisture and should therefore be removed from paint surfaces as soon as is practicable.

The above will of course be more noticeable and take greater effect on the colour of the car. Dark colours easily reach 80 plus Deg C in the UK; on the same day same conditions a white car ONLY reached 30 Deg C , Heat is the issue, its why staining happens in the summer and not the winter even though the public think winter is more harmful to cars paint. In fact UV light (causes high panel temps) is far more damaging.
                      To put it into laymans terms , freshly painted cars/panels are baked in spray booth for 20-40 minutes at 60 Deg C air temp which results in panel temps of 40-60 deg c for less than 10-20 miuntes , a black car can be at 80 deg c for hours per day in the UK summer.

The solution is the protect your car with a LSP (last stage protection) this comes in the form of a wax, sealant or nano technology coating, even then the surfaces should be cleaned as soon as possible as these won’t protect for ever against such pollution.

To clean, rinse off as much as possible with jet wash or hose used double the amount of shampoo you normally use to up the lubricant properties (remember sand in the air is the same as sand paper to abrade paint) rinse the vehicle surface for longer to remove the shampoo and contaminants then be extra careful with a light touch when washing.
                      Do NOT wipe this type of contaminants "dry" to remove it."
                      @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

I washed mine on sunday, sand fell monday -_- washed it again sunday evening... sand fell Tuesday morning -_-...

Comment

Originally posted by KEM View Post
                          I washed mine on sunday, sand fell monday -_- washed it again sunday evening... sand fell Tuesday morning -_-...
                          Are you a time traveller?
                          - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
                            Are you a time traveller?
                            LOL ! *Correction* "I washed mine Monday evening"

Comment

I had it on my car this morning.

Just built a sand castle

Comment

LOL. Confused.com
                                Still not washing mine- never been so dirty. Looks well naff
                                Rain coming apparently
                                sigpic
                                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                                X