Advice On The DS3 Sport 110

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice On The DS3 Sport 110

Wondering if you guys can help me, as per the welcome post I am test driving and looking into buying a DS3 Sport 110 and just wanted some general information on them.

Main things I want to know is how it drives (is it quick when needed), average MPG people are getting, options I should look to include (as I would buy new) and generally any other points people have on them.

I haven't ever had a diesel before so wondering what it's like compared to a petrol?

Will have a search through the site also for some more information

Thanks in advance guys

Originally posted by CITDS3 View Post
    I haven't ever had a diesel before so wondering what it's like compared to a petrol?
    Sooooooo Much Cheaper To Run lol

Comment

Haha that's definitely a plus point, I'll soon have to have a direct debit with the petrol station if fuel keeps going up!

Comment

Mine's a THP, but I tried a 110 diesel before buying. Imo the petrol beats the diesel hands down as a driver's car - great engine & gearbox, beautifully balanced handling - but having said that the diesel shifted along very nicely, with plenty of low-down shove, and I do envy the extra mpg that diesel owners get (well, some of the time ... when I'm on a twisty B-road playing tunes on the gearbox I wouldn't swap it for anything).

Horses for courses.

Try a THP - you know you want to! It's only money, and you only live once.

Comment

Will see how the diesel test drive goes and then look into it mate. The diesel is looking as the best option because I'm also looking to buy a house (with a garage for the DS3 )

Comment

I have the 110 as a company car, 8 months, 19k miles, never missed a beat, average 50mpg, sits at 85 on cruise control with ease, handles great and enough torque to make it better than the 120 petrol. I admit the 150 THP may be a bit quicker but down county lanes I reckon the extra grunt from the diesel would make it quicker.

the 17'' Belone wheels look great but are made of plasticine and are, in my humble opinion, too big for the best handling, the 16'' give a quicker turn in and sweeter cornering but don't look as good

As for spec, I had it all bar the sat nav option which doesn't come with a usb connection for ipod or memory stick and has a terrible write up probably due to the lack of touch screen.

Overall, the best small diesel on the market and the best looking small car by far, buy it, you know you want it!!!!

Comment

I have the 110 diesel had the c4 petrol before that.quicker off the mark.... faster top end.Fuel depending how you drive.I have never dropped below mid 50mpg but have had mid 70mpg.The THP will be the quicker option but with power hard to use on our roads.I am not a slow driver but some one is always in the way. I am very satisfied with the 110 and when I get another in a few years will buy the same.Unless citroen improves the styling on other models.

Comment

The THP is probably fun to drive but driving it hard will hurt your wallet. Gar074 is right in some ways. The petrol will feel sportier in the sense that the response to the foot is probably faster BUT once you have changed your driving style to suit a Diesel you will never look back. The 110 if you remap it will have tons more torrque than a petrol in the rev range and speed that you/most people need it. As standard it will have plenty of torque. People always comment how all the torque on a diesel is low down but diesel engines only rev to about 5000rpm anyway because that is all they need. You can drive a remapped HDO hard all day long and it will still return better MPG than a THP 150 being driven carefully. in general HDI engines are more reliable because the way a diesel engine works is far simpler. No spark plugs mean no firing issues from worn plugs or coil packs which is a common fault on modern cars. Usually less to insure, and tax and still plenty of mods to be made if you wanted to go down that road. Diesels may not have the roar of the petrols but for me, I sit on the inside driving it nice and spritely overtaking with ease. What do I care about what it sounds like from the outside?!!
                For those that don't know on this forum, BHP is generally a measure of power output that will reflect the top speed. It is the Torque that will truely reflect the cars "Pulling power" and acceleration. I would take high torque over BHP anyday but thats just me. I used remap cars so know a little about this and I also know that gains are mostly easier and better on turbo diesel engines..
                CITDS3 I am ordering a DS3 110 HDI in the next week or so and I am still trying to get my head around the option packs. Let me know your findings hehe. I think the My Way Signature pack is a must though and although its a fair chunk of change, the leather seats do look so much better.

Comment

[ the leather seats do look so much better.[/QUOTE]

Get the leather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You wll never regret it.

Jimbob

Comment

Had a remapped 110 hdi in my 09 plate C4 loeb. Bought my first house. Sold the C4 and got the THP DS3! :-D Doesn't cost me much more than £20 more to run a month on fuel... 10x better gearbox. Handles better. Sounds better. Plus it is nearly 3 seconds quicker 0-60. £20 more a month!! C4 averaged 44.5 mpg. DS3 averages 42.0 mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by linstan3 View Post
                      ....... I admit the 150 THP may be a bit quicker but down county lanes I reckon the extra grunt from the diesel would make it quicker.
                      !
                      lol

Comment

^^^

Nope I agree that the extra grunt would make the HDi faster at speed, had a customer who owns a THP drove our HDi and even he felt that at mid range it would kill the THP. From a standing start the THP would be the fastest he also felt, but his comments was how often do you go 0-62, most of the time it's 30 to 60 in high gears.

To be honest with you this is going to rage on and on until it's settled with a time trial.
                        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                        Bigfeet's File Repository
                        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Lets say both cars were side by side doing 20mph in 2nd. If both put their foot down at the same time the HDI would start to pull away slowly until it reached around 4k revs and then would die off, the THP would continue to rev all the way to 7k and would catch back up, then in 3rd the HDI would start to edge back and the THP would continue once again. After the change into 4th gear the HDI would not be able to recover. On a country road the diesel has no power high in the rev band and plus the nose of the HDI is so much heavier it would never be able to keep up around the corners.

Comment

Remapped THP: WIN!

Comment

Remapped THP: WIN! + added fuel economy.

Comment

Working...
                              X