First UK DS3 Racing Has Been Delivered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First UK DS3 Racing Has Been Delivered

Just seen this on Citroen UK's twitter feed.

Spoke to my dealer earlier today before I'd seen this, as far as he knows at the moment I will have my car in March, he has passed the letter I received from Citroen UK's Marketing director saying there would be a few weeks delay on the original expected delivery to his Area Manager, but has not received any information back yet.

If Citroen have started deliveries why can they not give me a date?
    DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

> <
    Jealous MUCH . . . .
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

My customer's one has been held back for final checks with Citroen Racing, but it's at the docks now. Citroen kindly gave my customer a watch as a wee thank you for being patience with them.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

soooooo jealous

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
          My customer's one has been held back for final checks with Citroen Racing, but it's at the docks now. Citroen kindly gave my customer a watch as a wee thank you for being patience with them.

I also got a watch with my letter, but the letter says it's a thank you for ordering the car, not a sweetner for the delay

Perhaps you could help me, I reserved the car on the 1st of Sept ( voucher# DS3R0091 ) as I was working nights I couldn't get to the dealers until 3rd, my order was placed and deposit paid at 3:20pm on 03/09/2010. Is this earlier or later than the order you had? It might give me some idea how close my car is, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SiM22 View Post
            soooooo jealous
            Originally posted by WTF View Post
            > <
            Jealous MUCH . . . .

I'm the one who should be jealous, your both able to drive yours and I bet you didn't have to wait over 6 months for delivery :rolleyes:

Comment

Yeah but you have an extra letter on yours and better everything lol

Comment

YEAH ! Sold by my friendly local dealer - hope he's local - might get to see it whizzing round town.

Comment

Not far from me in Watford, I might even see it before I see mine :rolleyes:

Comment

The one on order for our customer was reserved before the 1st of september through the dealer system. The order was confirmed via Citroen on the 7th which was the due date for the first round of customer orders, The orders are based on how and when your order was declared to Citroen (DE60) which is how the the orders are process. It doesn't matter when the order was placed but when the order is declared for that makes a difference. Our order was also declared as urgent and not normal.

By the way which watch did they send you?

Comment

Ok that's cleared things up :confused:

My dealer has 2 on order, mine and their Managing Directors, the information he has is that they were due for build late Feb / early March and they are expecting them before the end of March. When I spoke to him about the letter he said the information on the system has not changed and he had not been aware of any delay or the letter until I emailed him a copy.

The watch is a Citroen Racing one, the box it came in has part number C05SW. I believe this is the one here

Thanks.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Arlow View Post
                        Not far from me in Watford, I might even see it before I see mine :rolleyes:
                        I work in Watford!

I waited about 4 months?! I THINK.. .
                        My DS3R3... nearly....
                        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Ah thats the WRC watch which is like one I have, not bad as they are on the WRC website for about £100.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                            I work in Watford!

I waited about 4 months?! I THINK.. .

Do you shop in the Asda's by the A41? I saw a white DS3 in the car park there several weeks ago, not sure what colour the roof was, as it was early morning and still dark.

I knew I was in for a long wait when I ordered the car back in September, the small print on the reservation voucher stated the following:

Availability of cars is strictly limited and the order in which reservation confirmation vouchers are issued (where deposits are received within the stated timeframe) will determine the sequence in which orders are matched to available build.
                            Deliveries are anticipated to commence from January 2011 although it is not possible to guarantee a delivery date.

The dealer contacted me towards the end of January with the news about the car being built late Feb/early March and he thought I should take delivery before the end of March. Having been given an approximate date, I was disappointed when I received the letter from Citroen saying there would be a delay of a few extra weeks ( how long is a few? ) and still no definite date. Hopefully I will have it before the meet in May

The longest I've waited before was 6 months for an Audi A3 when they first came out, but that was partly due to the fact I was leasing a car at the time.

Comment

Whats pissed me off is the fact that two dealers in the UK have received stock DS3 Racings - yes thats two, built without customer orders! And yet we have customers waiting for theirs...

Comment

Working...
                              X