• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would be great thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Garrattj View Post
      Hey Kermit,

I too have a DS3 Racing and am debating buying the Forge intercooler kit for mine. Any photo's would be appreciated. Any downsides to installing this kit?
      I think kermit has the induction kit not the much more cash intensive intercooler kits
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
        I think kermit has the induction kit not the much more cash intensive intercooler kits
        Apologies, i did mean just the induction kit. NOT the intercooler kit.

I have never really purchased any upgrades for any of my cars, just wondered if it the adding an induction kit is a cheap and effective thing to install

Comment

No worries
          sigpic

Comment

Hi Garrattj,

Attached are the photos of the induction kit on my DR3R, installing the kit didn't take long about 20 minutes, made a lot more room in the engine bay, I find this kit looks better than others and no real modification needed because it sits directly on the current cold air feed to the engine bay. Because it fits straight onto the side of the turbo you do get the Dump valve effect without the need to purchase one separately.

I tried doing a video/sound recording the other day but didn't come out to well so i will try again later on. Do i think it was worth the money? - Yeah i think it was certainly helps the engine breath better and i have just had it stage 1 remapped which has certainly added some fun to the front wheels!!!

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...nc&usp=sharing

Kermit

Originally posted by Garrattj View Post
            Hey Kermit,

I too have a DS3 Racing and am debating buying the Forge induction kit for mine. Any photo's would be appreciated. Any downsides to installing this kit?

Comment

Had the forge kit fitted to my old THP150 - They sound amazing, performance wise there wasn't a significant improvement.

cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I have uploaded a video you can hear the induction kit and the Dump valve sound.

Sorry about the camera being all over the place difficult to hold the phone and drive lol.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...nc&usp=sharing

Kermit

Comment

thanks for that Kermit I appreciate it, you have convinced me to get one. have you got a dump valve on yours or is that just the induction kit making the noise?

Comment

Thats just the induction kit making that noise, so saved a few quid not having to get a Dump valve!

K

Originally posted by paul198499 View Post
                    thanks for that Kermit I appreciate it, you have convinced me to get one. have you got a dump valve on yours or is that just the induction kit making the noise?

Comment

I have just bought a Forge induction kit for mine, got to wait for it to arrive!

Don't like the look of the filters though!

Comment

I agree im not a fan of the foam filters but there doesn't seem to be much else available for the ds3

Comment

I might have to but a universal filter that looks nicer, won't be too much either!

Comment

I am trying to buy the forge induction kit but on the forge website the page says this will not fit the ds3 racing. I emailed them to check and they said the do not have an induction kit for the racing as it has a different turbo inlet diameter to the model we cover. where did everyone get theirs from?

Comment

Originally posted by paul198499 View Post
                              I am trying to buy the forge induction kit but on the forge website the page says this will not fit the ds3 racing. I emailed them to check and they said the do not have an induction kit for the racing as it has a different turbo inlet diameter to the model we cover. where did everyone get theirs from?
                              Hi Paul, I have had a similar conversation with Forge years ago, only that time they said it wasn't supported because of 'a sensor'. In reality their induction kit fits perfectly on DS3 Racing, it's just not compatible with the DS3 Performance because it has a MAF Sensor too, we don't. As for turbo inlet diameter it worked on my stock racing turbo, and still works on my hybrid.
                              DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

bought and fitted the forge induction kit for my racing, there is a small sensor on the original hose and there doesn't seem to be anywhere for it to go on the new induction kit, anybody fitted one who has any idea about this? i can send a photo if it helps anyone but i cant seem to post one on here.

Comment

Working...
                                X