THP 150 - Engine issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THP 150 - Engine issues

I thought I'd make my own thread so that I can keep all of my issues (loooooads of them) in one place for easy reference.

Since I had the turbo pressure temporarily repaired on my car I have had an almost weekly cleaning regime under my car bonnet. I have wanted to take some new photos since my last ones last month but light is quite short in supply in these autumn days. Since I leave for work very early and when I come home it's pitch black I haven't really had an opportunity to take any photos but this morning when I got to work I made a point to take a look. I have now cleaned this area of my engine 6 times since I've had my car back.

Would anyone that knows anything about cars please comment on what is or could be happening here?

I now need to send these pictures off to the neccesary people for them to be ignored again.

Thanks

dbgizyi
    sigpic

First thing I would do is take a look at the pvc line on the side there. It is just a push on connection and if the rubber is torn or stretched out that will leak oil. Mine has 1k miles and is seeping a little oil from that line so even new its not a great seal. Just pull it straight off and take a look.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

mines done this and had a pcv pipe modification which is listed on dealers info rapid. plus i believe its the start of many problems to come as i still hav limited power and engine management issues even after the modification :| ( get it checked asap)

Comment

Correct Matt

its most probably a badly seated pcv pipe - they are not well clipped in on the right hand pcv pipe - check that

its also possible its injector seal - although the oil sheen looks too widespread for that and no marmite ard the injector/coil pack

Comment

dont no if u heard dave no difference after citroen having the car apparently its me using the rong petrol :S i have to use the premium stuff according to the techies. they have to have cylinder head off clean out all sludge and it will be fine apparently :\ wots to stop it "sludgin" up agen cas i ent usin premium petrol wen even the racings dont HAVE too.

Comment

Is there anything in the owners manual to say you should use premium unleaded ?

No I didn t think so

Its a fob off answer cos they dont know

Comment

Ok so how long have I had my car back now......2 weeks is it? well tonight it has just died a little more. whereas before my turbo used to drop out for a few seconds and then kick back in, this time it never came back and there was little to no acceleration. I have pretty much limped the whole way home without any engine management lights or warnings going off.

I just bought two new tyres for the sodding thing
              sigpic

Comment

loud ticking from under the bonnet this morning and little to no accleration and then a fairly loud "bang" and a cloud of black smoke coming out the back.

I'm sure it's just characteristic of the engine
                sigpic

Comment

nothing wrong there ds379
                  your probably just using the wrong fuel ?

Comment

Just had an update, apparently the stars were out of alignment at 9:36am which meant that all DS3 THP150's show their appreciation to the gods by singing (clattering) and farting (black smoke).

For a minute I thought there was something wrong, how silly do I feel?
                    sigpic

Comment

looks like another trip back to the main dealer then

Comment

sigpic

Comment

To borrow from a well-known football chant

"Dig a hole and f*ckin' bury it..."

Comment

Tell them enough is enough and you'd like a new car please.

Stef
                            2 X Citroen DS3 Racings - Both rejected

Comment

damn dude, that sucks
                              Originally posted by cyclone
                              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                              Originally posted by Broda
                              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
                              X