New Tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fuds View Post
    Well after a rather enthusiastic 6 months of driving i need to replace my front tyres (17k miles on them) car is 18 months old. To be honest the centre tread is fine but the edges are totally shot and its start to spin the wheels and traction control is coming on to much for my liking ( its really affecting my racing performance of the line lol)
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-215-40-...item1c2e912579

maybe u should get this set of 4 for the price you got quoted and keep 2 for when you wear out the front again
    just get your local tyre depot to fit for you it will POSSIBLY still work out cheaper :cool:
    http://www.ds3club.co.uk/attachment....4&d=1420569803
    :rolleyes: Too Good For Heaven & Too Bad For Hell :mad:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DS3man STEVE View Post
      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-215-40-...item1c2e912579

maybe u should get this set of 4 for the price you got quoted and keep 2 for when you wear out the front again
      just get your local tyre depot to fit for you it will POSSIBLY still work out cheaper :cool:
      To be honest, i would rather pay the extra and have the peace of mind that the Bridgestones will give me, the nankings, in the wet, noise and fuel ratings are all low.

Comment

Originally posted by xavier2k12 View Post
        can I ask what you paid because i'm getting pzero's and I payed about 150€ea
        Its going to be 177.00 + 10.00 for delievery if i have them fitted myself or 202.00 with fitting (black circle)

Comment

xavier keep in mind that Fuds has a racing so 18 in tires I believe you went for 17's?
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

yes indeed 17's, but i think the potenza's are better price/quality, I'm scared that I will only do about 12k Miles with my tyres..
            MATT BLACK e-HDI chipped 146HP 302NM DS3

Comment

Originally posted by xavier2k12 View Post
              yes indeed 17's, but i think the potenza's are better price/quality, I'm scared that I will only do about 12k Miles with my tyres..
              To be honest I do only town miles and that can be very wearing on tyres and I do drive it very hard on the twisties so they certainly get quite a bit of hammer

Comment

yeah that's true, but i'm more on highways and big roads than the real cities and even there I can't throttle it so i hope they last atleast 25-30 000 kms..
                MATT BLACK e-HDI chipped 146HP 302NM DS3

Comment

hi all just to put another look on things my son who has a 57 plate astra who has had budget tyre's on his all over the winter months & done over 7k mile on them with hardly any wear , & he swears by them and he paid £220 for 4 fitted its ok paying for a brand name in tyre's but on the whole its just a name, ? awyway we should always drive to the road conditions and who the hell goes round corners at speed in the wet or ice /snow so give i will give them a go when its time to change them.
                  Last edited by the guardian; 13-02-2013, 22:34.
                  have sold the racing but ive still got the ultra prestige

Comment

Originally posted by the guardian View Post
                    and he paid £220 for 4 fitted its ok paying for a brand name in tyre's but on the whole its just a name, ?
                    Maybe but most of that premium price is from the development and testing costs. Their is a reason that the "name" brands premium tires are always at the top of any given tire test. I prefer to have that little extra in an emergency situation where your life is depending on those 4 contact patches. How much is your life worth? or your partners?
                    Originally posted by cyclone
                    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                    Originally posted by Broda
                    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Yeah I have to agree, on my previous cars I have fitted 'budget' tyres to replace the OEM ones and you could feel the difference on first drive. Given the money I've spent on the DS3 I'll stick to tyres with good reviews as I like to drive fast on straights and corners so appreciate the grip, I also feel that they stop when I need them too... I always shop around for the best price available though.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                        Maybe but most of that premium price is from the development and testing costs. Their is a reason that the "name" brands premium tires are always at the top of any given tire test. I prefer to have that little extra in an emergency situation where your life is depending on those 4 contact patches. How much is your life worth? or your partners?
                        Word!

Comment

Working...
                        X