No announcement yet.

New (?) product from Forge. Blow off adaptor FMDVMCS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow is almost gone now and I had my first test run with the blow off adapter today. Short video here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aXJGeZpqZE
    2012 DS3 Racing black & orange

Comment

Snyggt
      Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
      ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
      sigpic

Comment

More like the blow-off sound from the Recirculating Valve together with the Forge Induction Kit.

I had the same sound as in the video when I only had the Induction kit together with the standard valve.
        Now with the Recirculation Valve together with the Induction, the sound is much louder and shorter!Not psssssssssst but TFFF
        DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

Reason I bought the adapter was cause I didn't want to make major modifications to the engine and possibly voiding the warranty.

A video of your setup would be nice if you find the time for it :-)

Comment

Nice video, is that mounted on the bumper ? Do you have a kit for that or lots of duct tape ?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
              Nice video, is that mounted on the bumper ? Do you have a kit for that or lots of duct tape ?
              It's a gopro hero 3 with suction cup mounted on the bumper.

Comment

http://gopro.com/?gclid=CJqrjp64q7YCFcrHtAodcg8ATg

Oh nice !
                sigpic

Comment

There is a brand new one on ebay for £33. 1left

Comment

Originally posted by Fabian View Post
                    More like the blow-off sound from the Recirculating Valve together with the Forge Induction Kit.

I had the same sound as in the video when I only had the Induction kit together with the standard valve.
                    Now with the Recirculation Valve together with the Induction, the sound is much louder and shorter!Not psssssssssst but TFFF
                    Hi Fabian, i had installed the Recirculation Valve ytd but now there is totally no sound at all..even the stock soft whistle the standard valve made was
                    gone..i'm wondering if the installation was done incorrectly or do i really have to install the induction kit to have the sound again...anyone here have
                    the same experience as me? Just replacing the recirculation valve but using stock filter?

Comment

The stock filter and housing assembly will tend to muffle the sound of the valve http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/con...oduct=FMDVDS3R even the description has it as being "quite in operation". An incorrect installation would throw up error codes. If you are after the noise why didn't you get the externally vented blow off version http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/con...oduct=FMDVDS3A.
                      Originally posted by cyclone
                      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                      Originally posted by Broda
                      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

HI Cyclone, Thanks for your reply. So it is normal. Cool.. i watched many youtube videos and also sat in 1 of my friend's DS3 which had the recirculation valve..it makes a deep woosh sound (which i love very much) as compared to the plishhh sound for the externally blow off valve. Just dont understand why my didnt have that woosh sound. But my friend's DS3 had a intercooler mod and exhaust mod so perhaps that's why its much louder..

Comment

Working...
                        X