Dsport+156thp engine fault.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dsport+156thp engine fault.

Has anyone else had same problem for a month or so when first starting car slight miss but then ok just over last couple of weeks on start up smoke
    from exhaust.Always warm car before driving last week set of pulled out of junction but foot down a little bleep from dash thought it was petrol low but not came up engine fault took car straight to dealers plugged in to fault reader said running lean book in for couple of days but ok to drive until can be seen hopefully monday could it be the pcv pipe also had problem with temp gauge not reading right car done 4500 miles in 8 months loving it just hope this is not going to be the start of faults.

Woah, that last sentence is epic. Here's some punctuation to balance out the thread :
    Hope you get your problem sorted.
    Proud owner of missing wonky stickers

Comment

If you use search (top right of the forum pages) or the Similar Threads box at the bottom of the page you'll see other threads with similar issues on the older THP150 engine, there have been a number of issues with that engine but I am not sure whether yours is similar to how theirs started.
      sigpic

Comment

Hi Arn63. When you say you have had it 8 months and 4500 miles, is that from new- see its a 155. Or did you get a used vehicle and this is just what youve done?

Mines 3 week old and done about 1800 mile, and it doesnt like doing much for the first couple minutes so dont force it,but I noticed you let yours warm up a bit. I put my "Sleepyhead" engine for the first couple minutes, down to whatever they did to reduce the CO2 from the THP 150 to the 155 as Ive owned both, as it didnt happen on my 150. Summer will tell if its just the cold.

Within 2 mins everything seems good for me

You sure the "Smoke" isnt just condensation burn off from the exhaust/engine after leaving the vehicle overnight

Does the "Smoke" seem to evaporate aftre a few seconds, or does it seem to wander down the road and linger a bit?

Hope alls well
        Last edited by Chris_Blue; 13-04-2013, 06:15.
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hi Chris had car from new 156thp. No smoke lingers a bit and you can smell oil burning.Every morning on start up slight miss then ok even with this fault no loss in
          performance.Does yours still have the pcv pipe or has it been blanked of?

Thanks Mark

Comment

Hi Mark- everything as new on mine (Except exhaust)
            pcv intact
            You checked oil level?
            Any oil round the rocker cover seal?
            What colour is smoke- white/black

Whatever it is - its sounds warranty issue
            Last edited by Chris_Blue; 13-04-2013, 07:00.
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hi Chris will check oil level white smoke. What exhaust have you fitted? and does it make much difference will it not affect your warranty?

Comment

Have an aftermarket 63mm German made Bastuck exhaust fitted. With silencer as it sounds better IMO
                Warranty on an exhaust is only first 6500 miles sames as brakes I think
                But means that the whole car is still under warranty except the exhaust itself- so the Mechs at the dealer said
                White smoke no good-could be oil burning off
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Sounds stupid but check the battery, my sisters punto used to do this. Dealer had no idea what was wrong for weeks until we found out when it had its service they'd been cheeky and swapped out a pretty new battery for an old used one without telling us.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Bleu View Post
                    Have an aftermarket 63mm German made Bastuck exhaust fitted. With silencer as it sounds better IMO
                    Warranty on an exhaust is only first 6500 miles sames as brakes I think
                    But means that the whole car is still under warranty except the exhaust itself- so the Mechs at the dealer said
                    White smoke no good-could be oil burning off
                    I would have thought white smoke is more like water/antifreeze than oil which would be blue/greyish
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

Originally posted by monkeynuts View Post
                      I would have thought white smoke is more like water/antifreeze than oil which would be blue/greyish
                      Already asked if it was condensation buning off
                      Any smoke is bad smoke IMO TBH, Head Gasket is whitish smoke
                      Suppose we could debate smoke colour
                      Think your point Monkey could be check water level too?
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

I like a debate, don't get me wrong, but personally I'd be getting this DS3 to the dealer asap, they can check it out and hopefully give peace of mind that all is ok
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                          I like a debate, don't get me wrong, but personally I'd be getting this DS3 to the dealer asap, they can check it out and hopefully give peace of mind that all is ok
                          Agreed- dont cost to have a check under warranty
                          And is the title of the thread accurate?
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                            Yep I would agree but unless you have something solid to go on the dealer will go round in circles and completely ignore what you say unless they get a fault code pop up

The common things with the thp is

timing chain tensioner failure ..................symptoms limp mode...............no grunt ............does not always throw a fault code mine never did at all
                            power returning then going

high pressure fuel pump fails ................symptoms miss fire when cold until warm then fine ...............error code pollution filter blocked

if you take it to a dealer and say well i get a bit of white smoke in the morning he will say condensation in the exhaust maybe it could do with a plug change even though they should only be changed at 40k mine where done at 10k made the world of difference
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

Yeah but he's still gotta go Monkey, hasnt he
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                              X