No announcement yet.

DS3-R Engine Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's good...what are you getting to replace it?

www.SPTuning.co.uk
    Facebook.com/SPTuning.Ltd
    White on red THP
    Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

I think Fish was considering a bike mate
      sigpic

Comment

right im getting a new engine dont know the time scale at the moment!!but im also being given a ds5 fully loaded till it arrives,then ive decided to go for a impreza wrx wagon gb 270 i think

Comment

I don't blame you after that has happened I love my racing if any thing happened to mine I would go back to a lotus exige.
          DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

Citroen were supposed to call me back yesterday with an update on when to expect the engine - they didn't bother.

So I called today to chase them and only managed to get hold of someone at 4pm, as they were all 'busy' all day, to be told that they have no idea when to expect the engine as 'you do realise it's coming from France?' (er yeah it's not exactly the moon is it?!).

Anyone have an idea how long I'll be waiting for the engine based on their own experience?

And how come the new engine doesn't come with additional warranty? I mean the car still has a year left - but surely the new engine should have its own additional warranty?

Also will the fact the engine has been replaced devalue the car? as I for one wouldn't want to buy a car with a recently changed engine in it - I'd be too nervous it was a common fault that would repeat!

Oh and one more (last question I promise lol) - I've paid for a 3 year service package - will I need to take out a new package when the replacement engine is in? i.e.: starting again from the 'first year service'.

Cheers

Stuart

Comment

My twopenneth-the whole car has the warranty from registration date
              You cant keep replacing all parts of the car under warranty, cos theoretically you could have a new car forever

Would be pretty good to get a brand spanker new engine- then sell just before the 3 year
              Think it would encourage me to buy rather than put off- I mean they probably wont be paying even half price for the car
              In fact- PM me in a year LOL
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Lol. Stumbled upon this thread until now.

This is fuckin' ridiculous. Almost tempting to go rant in social media again.
                Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
                ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by darths3 View Post
                  Citroen were supposed to call me back yesterday with an update on when to expect the engine - they didn't bother.

So I called today to chase them and only managed to get hold of someone at 4pm, as they were all 'busy' all day, to be told that they have no idea when to expect the engine as 'you do realise it's coming from France?' (er yeah it's not exactly the moon is it?!).

Anyone have an idea how long I'll be waiting for the engine based on their own experience?

And how come the new engine doesn't come with additional warranty? I mean the car still has a year left - but surely the new engine should have its own additional warranty?

Also will the fact the engine has been replaced devalue the car? as I for one wouldn't want to buy a car with a recently changed engine in it - I'd be too nervous it was a common fault that would repeat!

Oh and one more (last question I promise lol) - I've paid for a 3 year service package - will I need to take out a new package when the replacement engine is in? i.e.: starting again from the 'first year service'.

Cheers

Stuart
                  In total 2 months with my car. The 1st few weeks they were waiting on an order for a compression tools as they didn't had one in stock so am told.

Comment

well to my supprise citroen called me today my car is ready!!!! only took 3 weeks, apart froma rolling road can i tell from the engine number how much bhp its supposed to have as my last one was 207bhp

Comment

if its a Racing engine it should be 207bhp
                      do you know if its a stock engine or a newbuild?
                      or they refurbed yours?
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Isn't there a recall knocking about that's supposed to (amongst other things) reduce the BHP on Racings a little ? Maybe the dealer did that as well ?
                        sigpic

Comment

that was on the old engine and only some not all, as far as im aware! im hoping its a 2013 engine not one from the back of the shed lol

Comment

Its only rumoured to be a recall reducing BHP
                            Unless theres a categorical statement flying around somewhere
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                              Its only rumoured to be a recall reducing BHP
                              Unless theres a categorical statement flying around somewhere
                              so im gona need a rolling road then ?

cheers

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised Jamie at SPT could give you a free one
                                sigpic
                                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                                X