Catch can

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catch can

Yep i've invested in a Catch can looks easy too fit will post some pics when its fitted
    Attached Files
    sigpicDs3 Racing

Does fitting one of these affect your Citroen warranty ? You'd think not as it's designed to help the engine but common sense doesn't always apply in these situations does it ?
    sigpic

Comment

I suppose it could if there was an engine issue that needed fixed under warranty. just remember to put it back to normal before getting work done

Had one fitted to my Seat Altea TDI Sport, catch can would fill up in about 4/5 months though it was remapped and the VAG TDI BKD Engines are well known to drop oil into the intercooler/egr/shut off valve and inlet manifold.
      Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

btw this was mine http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=227491
        Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

InB4 needless Warranty questions...

Oh wait...

Comment

Always late to the party Zack
            sigpic

Comment

If it ever needs to go in I'll just remove the catch can and my air filter touch would it won't need too except servicing
              sigpicDs3 Racing

Comment

Originally posted by richy233 View Post
                If it ever needs to go in I'll just remove the catch can and my air filter touch would it won't need too except servicing
                Sounds fair enough- after what you've been through I would certainly do it. Doubt youll get another engine on warranty, whatever.

I would fit one now, but have been told not much comes out of the THP by one mech, and another mech said wait and see what happens first
                Last edited by Chris_Blue; 16-10-2013, 16:20. Reason: spell
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

I do not really get any oil in my can at all during the summer. Come colder weather get lots of water and oil. Have to empty it every 2-3 weeks. Just glad it is there after emptying the can and letting it sit to separate You can appreciate how much you are actually stoping. Well worth having.
                  Originally posted by cyclone
                  It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                  Originally posted by Broda
                  I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Yes would not be with out mine better to save the engine with one.
                    DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

well took a few months to get round to doing it but here it is
                      Attached Files
                      sigpicDs3 Racing

Comment

Good pics, should help others in your situation mate - how did you decide where you were siting the can Richy ? I saw Ragnarok's pics earlier and his was the opposite side (front right when looking at your pics)
                        sigpic

Comment

Nice one. Yeah mate found there was 2 bolts there which i could use so decided to have it there pretty easy to fit. I'll see what the results are in a month or so see how it goes
                          sigpicDs3 Racing

Comment

Nice one Richy. Got some silicone going off on one of my pipes, so will leave installing that till tomorrow
                            Started prefabricating the bracket, after tracking down a metal jigsaw blade that were £ 8 a pair in Homebase/ BnQ. Got 5 for just over a fiver in the end

Just got going and it started raining :-(
                            So Mondays the day
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Will the long pipe run have any effect?
                              DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
                              Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Working...
                              X