No announcement yet.

Catch can

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldnt have thought so, although mine will be shorter. The emission are under pressure so should be pushed round fine if alls sealed
    My aim is to keep the pipe low, so any gunk dont head back to where it come from when engine switched off
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
      Wouldnt have thought so, although mine will be shorter. The emission are under pressure so should be pushed round fine if alls sealed
      My aim is to keep the pipe low, so any gunk dont head back to where it come from when engine switched off
      IMO its not such an issue of where the oil comes from its where it's going
      DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
      Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Originally posted by Gazski66 View Post
        IMO its not such an issue of where the oil comes from its where it's going
        Fair point- will ensure that the outlet point of the catch can is lower than the connection on the clean flow side of the airfilter
        Will still keep the other side lower too, just so catch can, catches all
        Last edited by Chris_Blue; 12-01-2014, 15:18. Reason: clean
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Gazski66 View Post
          Will the long pipe run have any effect?
          I would have thought so, well if my geeky watercooled PC projects are anything to go by. Head pressure and flow rates are not the same thing but are related, generally the longer the tube (pipe) the more the head pressure will drop leading to a lower flow rate. This could mean gunk settling in the tubing rather than the catch can. Rule of thumb is keep the tubing as short as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly Guy View Post
            I would have thought so, well if my geeky watercooled PC projects are anything to go by. Head pressure and flow rates are not the same thing but are related, generally the longer the tube (pipe) the more the head pressure will drop leading to a lower flow rate. This could mean gunk settling in the tubing rather than the catch can. Rule of thumb is keep the tubing as short as possible.
            This, yes Bernoulli's principle applies here also
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Same principle on all my rigs. Minimum restrictions means a less powerful pump can be used due to head pressure being maintained leading to higher flow rates and more efficient transfer of heat. Apart from the CPU block, the only restrictive location is the 90 degree coming out of the pump, and that is minimal to be honest.

Comment

Holy shit it's pink dude!
                Originally posted by cyclone
                It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                Originally posted by Broda
                I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                  Holy shit it's pink dude!
                  Its not mine (honest), I built it a couple of rotations ago for my daughter when I redecorated her bedroom. The graphics card is aircooled but as she only plays SIMS is can run with a very passive fan profile.

Taking the 120mm fans apart to spray them was a right pain in the hoop.

Comment

You can get a double catch can that filters both the front and rear PCVs now, as in Jamies thread (Saikou Michi)
                    If i fit a rear can, will be another single cos you have more freedom in where to place the 2 cans, rather than squeeze a double in
                    Another hint picked up, is that a sight tube for the rear may not be a great idea as there is more pressure that side
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                    X