No announcement yet.

The r is in citroen after 3 weeks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately the judder is a classic problem and it is not likely to be something simple as the simple things are actually pretty reliable these days. The greater probability is inlet carbonisation and detonation. This doesn't mean you don't check the plugs but it does mean changing them without finding fault with the old ones is just not doing a proper job.

Dealers have to run a mile from cars with these problems as Citroen don't give any carte blanche to fix this problem on their account and the dealer is the one left with the customer to placate.

I think that BMW or Citroen the engine designer and builder need to be forced to man up and admit that these were first gen GDI turbo engines designed and proven to produce 130hp from a 1.6 turbo but with the higher output 155 and 200 hp versions the greater valve duration caused unintended carbon build up very quickly that does eventually cause detonation. The consequences of this would be financially unattractive though to say the least and I can't be certain they actually have worked out how to fix the problem. There seem to have been a few variations of the cylinder head cover PCV system to try and improve this but ultimately not sure this in itself is a cure or just a workaround to avoid the worst cases only.

It is becoming increasingly likely that as the power outputs have been increased on the BMW prince GDI turbocharged engines the increased inlet valve opening duration and lift can cause excessive carbon build up in the inlet tract. The carbon build up can be easily proven with a fibre optic inspection lamp pushed down the inlet tract.
    Originally posted by Gazski66 View Post
    Full of good news again I see Rag, it could be something very simple that wont mean the "beginning of the end"

Comment

Originally posted by Gazski66 View Post
      Full of good news again I see Rag, it could be something very simple that wont mean the "beginning of the end"
      You have been warned.
      Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
      ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
      sigpic

Comment

Gotta say that a big stutter on a Racing, and get it into dealers absolutely pronto
        Could HPFP, but as likely what Jonbays says
        You could be brave and inspect the PVC pipe RHS crankcase at top, or where goes onto air intake, or even better down by turbo and see how much craps about
        Gonna quote DS3r now. catch can, catch can.
        Good luck
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

iirc I couldn't see any deposits in the pipes when I replaced my oil filter. For those of you have never replaced a DS3 oil filter, it involves taking most of the engine apart and removing all four wheel and the rear parcel shelf.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly Guy View Post
            iirc I couldn't see any deposits in the pipes when I replaced my oil filter. For those of you have never replaced a DS3 oil filter, it involves taking most of the engine apart and removing all four wheel and the rear parcel shelf.
            LOL. I got that to come. Replacing oil every 6 month from now on. Just under the air intake, the filter, so ive been shown.
            Been told its when the stuff gets to the turbo trouble is brewing
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
              LOL. I got that to come. Replacing oil every 6 month from now on. Just under the air intake the filter so ive been shown.
              Been told its when the stuff gets to the turbo trouble is brewing
              Its a bit further forward than that, would help if it was a bright colour as well.

You got this catch can fitted yet?

Comment

LOLOLOL.
                Catch can? - Dark here, cold, and got a 60mile drive tonight, so no chance
                Oil filter- job for a nice warm day, car jacked up and plenty of cold drinks, with just the one cider thrown in
                Other than the fact that my first free service is 10 weeks away
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Chris_Blue; 07-01-2014, 17:48. Reason: tried to delete PHOTO- wrong thread
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Apparently they changed all the plugs for me when I took it in the first time and then they did it again when it when's in for the service (that should have been done before I picked it up)

So I would be surprised if it has hammed up the spark plugs after a month !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly Guy View Post
                    Worst car ever to change oil.
                    Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
                    ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X