Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ECU Remap on a DSPORT 1.6 HDI 110 (60 plate)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shiro View Post
    Let me say it this way, tuningboxes are not the best way to tune your car. Because the tuningbox just increase the parameters by telling the ECU that the normal parameters are not reached and so the ECU boost the parameters further. So if you want a good tuning the only way is to make a Remap
    What he said

JB

Comment

I'm still considering this. Only concern I have is although I bought my 115 Dsport Red used, it had only been used within the dealership so I managed to get the full three year warranty - I don't really want to wait another 2 and a half years! Will having a remap done void my warranty??

Also insurance, to those that have declared their remap how much did this add?
      Instagram - danlock92

Citroen C2 1.4 HDi
      Citroen DS3 1.6 HDi Black Edition
      Citroen DS3 1.6 e-HDi Dstyle Red
      Citroen DS3 1.6 e-HDi Dsport Red
      Citroen DS 4 2.0 BlueHDi Dsport
      DS 3 1.2 Puretech EAT6 Dark Light

Comment

Originally posted by danlock92 View Post
        I'm still considering this. Only concern I have is although I bought my 115 Dsport Red used, it had only been used within the dealership so I managed to get the full three year warranty - I don't really want to wait another 2 and a half years! Will having a remap done void my warranty??

Also insurance, to those that have declared their remap how much did this add?
        Yes it voids warranty - if they find out.
        Yes you should declare all mods to your insurance to keep your pilicy valid, normally about £40 extra from what ive been told

Comment

Originally posted by MadMan0 View Post
          Yes it voids warranty - if they find out.
          Yes you should declare all mods to your insurance to keep your pilicy valid, normally about £40 extra from what ive been told
          As much as it makes sense to report a remap, I've only just passed my driving test, so I can imagine the increase in premium will be ridiculous! Can always be mapped back standard if an unfortunate incident were to occur, and the insurance company would have a very difficult job finding out whether anything had ever happened in the first place. I guess that's just the risk you run =D

Comment

Different way to look at this !! ECU is near the front of the car a half decent bump and it will be toast so not a problem :ds3:

Comment

Originally posted by drive for fun View Post
              Different way to look at this !! ECU is near the front of the car a half decent bump and it will be toast so not a problem :ds3:
              Along with being a robust piece of equipment it is nestled between the battery and fuse box, quite a safe and protected place. Will take more like a you are now dead crash to put it out of commission. But hay, will not have to worry about it then.
              Originally posted by cyclone
              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
              Originally posted by Broda
              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones55 View Post
                As much as it makes sense to report a remap, I've only just passed my driving test, so I can imagine the increase in premium will be ridiculous! Can always be mapped back standard if an unfortunate incident were to occur, and the insurance company would have a very difficult job finding out whether anything had ever happened in the first place. I guess that's just the risk you run =D
                If you plan on making this change without reporting it to your insurance company and they subsequently find out about it after a bump you're in deep shit.

Driving without insurance after just passing your test is not advisable. It's not uncommon for insurance providers and Citroen themselves to view these forums.

Edit: Driving without insurance at any time is not advisable. Especially after you've just passed your test.
                cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                  If you plan on making this change without reporting it to your insurance company and they subsequently find out about it after a bump you're in deep shit.

Driving without insurance after just passing your test is not advisable. It's not uncommon for insurance providers and Citroen themselves to view these forums.

Edit: Driving without insurance at any time is not advisable. Especially after you've just passed your test.
                  I already have insurance, there's no way I'd drive without it. I'm simply weighing up whether it's better for me to report a remap or not, if I chose to have it done.

Comment

I already have insurance, there's no way I'd drive without it. I'm simply weighing up whether it's better for me to report a remap or not, if I chose to have it done.
                    If you're driving round with a remap that isn't listed on your insurance you're technically not insured.
                    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Oh how naive people are! Lets look at a scenario:

You hit someone and cripple them for life. They want millions off your insurance company. Your insurance company don't really want to pay millions so they look for a way out. Do you not think they might have a good look at your car???

If that's your idea of a risk you are willing to run then I hope it's not me you hit!

JB

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post
                        Oh how naive people are! Lets look at a scenario:

You hit someone and cripple them for life. They want millions off your insurance company. Your insurance company don't really want to pay millions so they look for a way out. Do you not think they might have a good look at your car???

If that's your idea of a risk you are willing to run then I hope it's not me you hit!

JB
                        You have a fair point JB, I've of course considered that. If I get a remap then I think it's better I report it, just need to find a way to stump up the cash for an inflated insurance premium

Comment

Probably best to get quotes first before then see if its worth while.

Comment

And don't forget: The 6-speed Gearbox is officially build for a maximum of 300 NM Torque (about 222 Lb-Ft) :P
                            Citroën DS³ // THP 155 // Body Ruby Red // Roof Moondust
                            DS³R Speedometer // 19" OEM Cairns // KW V3 Coilovers

Comment

It's boring I know but if you want a remap get a quote from your insurance company before you do it. If you can't afford it atm cos you've just passed your test you need to wait
                              sigpic

Comment

You have a fair point JB, I've of course considered that. If I get a remap then I think it's better I report it, just need to find a way to stump up the cash for an inflated insurance premium
                                Don't get me wrong I was not being critical. Nobody made more mistakes that I did when I was young. It's just fortunate that I don't make any these days!

JB

Comment

Working...
                                X