Painting Break Calipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ryanjones55 View Post
    What exact paint did you use for the calipers? Finding it difficult to find a colour that accurately matches the colour of the alloy centre caps, and you look to have found a good match!
    Why not use a paint to paint the calipers then use the same paint to paint the centre caps? Or is that too OCD?
    Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
    Take a pride in your ride
    @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Originally posted by RabidRacoon28 View Post
      Why not use a paint to paint the calipers then use the same paint to paint the centre caps? Or is that too OCD?
      Not at all, the center caps come apart easily and you would be taking the wheels off anyway (need to do this to get the center caps off also) so painting the color part would be no problem.
      Last edited by cyclone; 05-11-2014, 15:07.
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
        Not at all the center caps come apart easily and you would be taking the wheels off anyway (need to do this to get the center caps off also) so painting the color part would be no problem.
        My thought train exactly pal[emoji106]
        @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

What exact paint did you use for the calipers? Finding it difficult to find a colour that accurately matches the colour of the alloy centre caps, and you look to have found a good match!
          Sorry I missed your reply - I bought my paint from ebay and searched for 'RED E-Tech Brake Caliper Paint Kit' !
          sigpic

Comment

I've ordered some good looking paint, so should be here for the weekend so I can crack on with the job. I didn't realise the centre caps themselves came apart, so I might have a go at painting those too thanks guys

Comment

I've ordered some good looking paint, so should be here for the weekend so I can crack on with the job. I didn't realise the centre caps themselves came apart, so I might have a go at painting those too thanks guys
              You're welcome👍
              @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Working...
              X