Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
    Just getting used to the Turbo i spose.... need a faster car
    Get a bigger turbo!
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
      Get a bigger turbo!
      Bigger Turbo and all the other bits (Inlet manifold, intercooler, valves and bits here and there) could get you to 230 BHP on a THP i reckon

Could get a motor that does 300+ as standard! No warranty worries. or "Cars gonna break" worries neither... unless you got it remapped to 350 BHP... Yipee :-)

Food for thought
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
        Bigger Turbo and all the other bits (Inlet manifold, intercooler, valves and bits here and there) could get you to 230 BHP on a THP i reckon

Could get a motor that does 300+ as standard! No warranty worries. or "Cars gonna break" worries neither... unless you got it remapped to 350 BHP... Yipee :-)

Food for thought
        Could fit forged pistons and rods and go 300+ on the thp with a big turbo

There are a few bigger turbos that fit the original manifold aswell.

Know a guy with a 207 gti whos running 280hp on the stock turbo (hybrid though)

Comment

Yes- but not much more costly and more reliable to just get a new car with 300+ already
          And am not saying i wont go that far with the DS3- but pistons, rods and head would cost getting on £3k fitted

Then theres the uprated Turbo , brake disks and calipers, intercooler and pipe, other engine bits, uprated car insurance (They hate modded motors) and all sorts

So have to have a good think
          Last edited by Chris_Blue; 06-11-2014, 22:26.
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

True but bigger the power bigger the cost, anything with that amount of power is pricey, even something like an old audi s4 or m3 would cost abit of dosh and cost alot to run. Even if you went for something with a smaller engine like an evo it would probably struggle 20mpg lol. Wont even get started on the repair bills.

Im not bothered for a powerful car myself, think i will get myself a nice little tdi volkswagen or audi sometime soon[emoji3]

Comment

update, problem was solved, my dv actually got stuck open just quick fix and back boosting

Comment

Originally posted by av8tor1990 View Post
                update, problem was solved, my dv actually got stuck open just quick fix and back boosting
                Was it the vanilla one or an aftermarket valve?

Comment

was the rev d

Comment

Working...
                  X