No announcement yet.

THP Cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You fan cowl will probably melt if you take this off...
    White on red THP
    Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

how bout cutting vents in your bonnet to aid airflow through engine bay

it does get really hot under there
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
        You fan cowl will probably melt if you take this off...
        You think? But by cutting it and directing airflow would've though it would be okay,
        @Chris_Blue very hot! I thought about it but want it looking stock,

Comment

http://www.forgemotorsport.com/conte...roduct=FMDVMCS
          Just bought this, with a bit of research the problems I've been having may be resolved by this and the piper cross filter, the forge description does seem to fit my problem so hopefully now I won't get the huge lag when I change gear at higher speeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
            You think? But by cutting it and directing airflow would've though it would be okay,
            Another thing removing it and the plastic behind it would do is reduce the ability of the fan to help cool the radiator when the engine does get hot! so a bit of the opposite of what you want. Although it may take a bit longer before the fan has to kick in to help cool things.
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

http://www.forgemotorsport.com/conte...roduct=FMDVMCS
              Just bought this, with a bit of research the problems I've been having may be resolved by this and the piper cross filter, the forge description does seem to fit my problem so hopefully now I won't get the huge lag when I change gear at higher speeds!
              I doubt a blow off valve is going to assist in overheating problems.. I still don't believe it's likely to be overheating by the way. See my previous post for other suggestions.
              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I see what your saying, the cars done under 3k miles, the engine is sound, but if you understand the symptoms I had they were not the same as prior hesitation posts, with further investigation I did find the turbo stalling, thus in at the blow off valve, the reason for the stall was to do with recirculated heat, so hopefully it will work I will be fitting it and let you know on the outcome

Comment

I see what your saying, the cars done under 3k miles, the engine is sound, but if you understand the symptoms I had they were not the same as prior hesitation posts, with further investigation I did find the turbo stalling, thus in at the blow off valve, the reason for the stall was to do with recirculated heat, so hopefully it will work I will be fitting it and let you know on the outcome
                  With less than 3k miles would you not be better taking it back to Citroen to investigate under warranty and then plan your modifications at a later date?

If Citroen see you've removed a heatshield and fitter aftermarket parts to the turbo they'll probably be less inclined to help you.
                  cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

lots and lots of marketing hype in that adaptors description
                    Originally posted by cyclone
                    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                    Originally posted by Broda
                    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I will keep you posted :lemon:
                      I think it's worth a try,

Comment

Working...
                      X