• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you mean 3 days ?
    DSport 1.6 HDI 110

Comment

I love the look of this. Nice job!

Comment

Hi guys, wanting to Plasti dip my badges on my car, trying to pluck up the courage to do it, has anyone Plasti dipped there front grill Citroen badge? And also how many Coates would I need to do for the badges. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by J600CKK View Post
          Hi guys, wanting to Plasti dip my badges on my car, trying to pluck up the courage to do it, has anyone Plasti dipped there front grill Citroen badge? And also how many Coates would I need to do for the badges. Thanks
          yeah this is the first time I tried it and would highly recommend it. It's easier than you think. People have dipped the front grill badge before, I personally haven't but it shouldn't be too hard. Just make sure you spend time prepping your car, thoroughly clean and dry the area. If you have compressed air blow the excess water out of the seams and gaps and you should be fine. I used 5 coats to do my rear emblem and it turned out amazing(http://imgur.com/a/P4aL3). But even for the bit I did I ended up using half a can which is approximately £8 worth. So the front grill it might be a full can. But still it's incredibly cheap compared getting it wrapped. I say just give it go and if you f**k up you can just peel it right off.
          Good luck :P
          DSport 1.6 HDI 110

Comment

Hi mate, looks very good, whert did you order the spray from mate??

Thanks
            Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Jay2013 View Post
              Hi mate, looks very good, whert did you order the spray from mate??
              Here's a link for you - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/mobile/d...tag=your_order
              DSport 1.6 HDI 110

Comment

Thanks mate I will check it out

Jay

Comment

Nice work on your badge. I've been looking into doing this on mine.

Here's a link to the UK suppliers of Plasti Dip for anyone considering it. Here you can see all the different options available, in terms of application, colour and enhancers.

The cans themselves are 11 quid I think. Check out the blaze collection for some bright colours! Think delivery is 4 quid so would work out slightly more expensive than the Amazon link posted if only buying a single item. It was just to show the full range on offer incase some are deliberating.

I was considering buying some of the gloss as well and also this handy trigger for applying although probably not necessary.
                  If in doubt, flat out!

Comment

Nice job - looks great!! DIY is so much more fun.
                    Aka:
                    Alex

:ds3:
                    Blue Phoenix
                    DStyle+ 1.6 e-HDi

Comment

That looks great!

Comment

Working...
                      X