Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THP 155 air intake induction fitting video

Fitted this today, sounds awesome. Rubbish instructional video below:

DS3 THP 155 - stage 2+ remap, milltek sports cat and non resonated exhaust system, airtec FM intercooler and alloy boost pipes, induction kit. Mtech short shifter, VAG recirculation valve with uprated alta spring, uprated hpfp, uprated spark plugs, uprated coil pack, VTA twin pcv to filtered catch can, uprated Sachs clutch, ebc brake pads and vented discs, LED interior lighting, rcz gearknob, Michelin pilot sport 4s, iridium spark plugs

Did you get any power gains with this induction?

Comment

Feels like it, but the extra noise has a placebo effect of course!
      DS3 THP 155 - stage 2+ remap, milltek sports cat and non resonated exhaust system, airtec FM intercooler and alloy boost pipes, induction kit. Mtech short shifter, VAG recirculation valve with uprated alta spring, uprated hpfp, uprated spark plugs, uprated coil pack, VTA twin pcv to filtered catch can, uprated Sachs clutch, ebc brake pads and vented discs, LED interior lighting, rcz gearknob, Michelin pilot sport 4s, iridium spark plugs

Comment

I'll watch with sound later! (nothing at work)

Thank you for the link!

How is your hand?
        My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

I found it quite amusing and perfectly follow-able
          ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
          Join the Facebook Group!
          Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Thanks, hand is repairing. My patients were a bit scared of my oil stained hands though today!

Comment

I bought the exact some one! it sounds great! It has really tidied my engine bay aswell!

Comment

Yep ive had to have one too..good price compared to Forge one!

Comment

Yes same design as forge but much better price..i really like it as well..i think performance gains should be similar to forge

Comment

Before i change mine can anyone tell me what this electrical plug is for(the one above the GFB diverter), is it important? Cant really tell whats been done with it in the video
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	tmp_28418-20170309_141630-1838503050.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	360927
                    Last edited by glennedb; 09-03-2017, 16:06.

Comment

Can not say how many times I have answered this and I am sure it will not be the last. It is a heating element to prevent the PVC vapor from freezing as it enters the intake tract. You do not really need this as I am sure you have discovered it gets hot as balls under the bonnet. Just unplug and tie it out of the way. Enjoy your new intake!
                      Originally posted by cyclone
                      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                      Originally posted by Broda
                      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Cheers Cyclone...much appreciated!

Comment

Fitted mine today, got to say she does feel livelier and a nice whoosh as you change gear. Bit more room to maneuvre round the engine bay too. I'm impressed!

Comment

Out of interest, how noisy are they cruising around 80 on the motorway? I've been considering getting one, but this clip made me think it might be a PITA on the motorway:

Found this guide for fitting the forge one (which is identical as far as I can tell):
                            https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz...0VJM0ZLUE9JSWs

Comment

Don't know about the noise on the motorway, but I can say after watching that video the psst noise on mine doesn't sound that excessive unless your going hard..sounds like a BOV on the car in the video.

Comment

Working...
                              X