No announcement yet.

Some chrome bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there anyway I can get one on my launch spec dsport?

Comment

Hmmm, without being a dealer I'd say probably not, just by comparing that pic to one of the one's of mine from the front, you can see the black area for the number plate is full width (Christ! tech talk or what!) along the front of my car there, the new DSport has a slightly narrower plate holder which allows for the chrome surround to go all the way around.

I admit though, it does look very nice like that though, bit of a shame really I wasn't given the opportunity at the start process of my build to have this (or any of the chrome bits) added to my car. Not complaining though.

Comment

Actually, I've just noticed, I actually thought that was point of the pointy chrome bit at the top, but if you look at it closely, you'll see it's just an add on like the bit I got. Would've been nicer if it was all the one piece. :S

Comment

I think this is very colour-dependent. The extra chrome looks ace on certain colours (eg, on IrishRob's car, and on black or grey) but I don't think it works so well on yellow, where (imho) the yellow & black contrast works really well, and doesn't need any extra bling.

Comment

Would this be of any help? I have a Sport also without the standard chrome. I added the same like irishRob but would have preferred the other one... As I can see on my pictures you would have to replace the numberplate surround too.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X