Tuning Stages for THP and DS3R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stef View Post
    It looks that way doesn't it, mmmmmm, 40 odd extra horses............................ £525 plus travel costs.....................

Stef
    Probably cheaper to speak to a decent mapping company and get them to create you a custom map..
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

You would probs find stage 3 would see the introduction of uprated intercooler, injestors maybe another turbo tweak and custom map again. Should net around the 280 to 300BHP mark I would guess. At this point the introduction of a LSD would be of major benefit. Stage 2 on my bocanegra involved a fill TBE system and remap which came in at £1020.00 at a special intro offer, normal price is about £1200.00 for the system and another £600.00 on remap so the price for stage 2 on this is pretty good AFAIK. I was actually wondering about the clutch too tbh, perhaps some one could check that with them to verify? What would citroens stance on warrenty be if you went stage 2 out of interest?
      Last edited by jc_boc; 18-07-2011, 19:22.

Comment

I think the moment something went wrong they'd wash their hands of it!

The DS3 Rally car is pushing 300BHP based on the same engine, reckon they'd be disposable at the top end of that power range though.

To be honest though, the Racing does what it's supposed to do very well, apart from a couple of minor tweaks here and there, I'm going to leave mine as it is.

Stef
        2 X Citroen DS3 Racings - Both rejected

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post

To be honest though, the Racing does what it's supposed to do very well, apart from a couple of minor tweaks here and there, I'm going to leave mine as it is.

Stef

Have to agree with you, I think Citroen Racing have done a great job with the car and apart from a few cosmetic tweaks i too will be leaving her alone.
          DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

So you wouldn'y even go stage 2?

Comment

Originally posted by jc_boc View Post
              So you wouldn'y even go stage 2?
              I don't think I'd bother to be honest. I've replaced the air filter element and will be running some tests in the next week or so regarding ambient air temperatures in the air intake area around the front passenger headlight area to see just how cold the air is during driving so I can weigh up the pro's and con's of a cold air intake.

I think at the moment the amount of power Vs how it can put it down on the road is about right.

Stef
              2 X Citroen DS3 Racings - Both rejected

Comment

mmmm interesting. I would still be tempted tbh but would research the pros and cons thoroughly before committing to it.

Comment

For my standard THP i'm only going for the Stage II
                  More then enough power to have a good ride
                  DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

So I e-mailed VON yesterday and they have replied to me. My main question to them was wether the box and clutch could handle the additional torque and this is the response I have received:

"Hi there,

Don't worry for the motricity, I clamp the torque in first (50% max) and second gear (75% max).
                    The DS3R clutch and gear box are designed to 400 N.m torque that's why, no problem about transmission.

Best regards"

Comment

Working...
                    X