No announcement yet.

DS3 R tailgate badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah it looks like, maybe the dealer took it off as it wasn't a racing and didn't want to mislead people :/ yeah I did, really pushed them in haha. There's only a light unit in the centre of the car there's none at the front like my old Clio.

The car giant sticker went on the day I bought it!! New personal number plates are on their way too, also get rid of that terrible car giant logo on them too!

Comment

After reading that forum link Zack posted earlier in this thread, I've decided against R-ing mine lol. Will see if I can find a use for the one I cut elsewhere
      ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
      Join the Facebook Group!
      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

I really don't get why people badge their car as something it isn't. People who aren't into cars don't know/care what it says, and people who are into cars know it's fake and laugh. You really can't win

Comment

Originally posted by FLP View Post
          I really don't get why people badge their car as something it isn't. People who aren't into cars don't know/care what it says, and people who are into cars know it's fake and laugh. You really can't win
          If you have 250HP of course you can
          Citroën DS³ // THP 155 // Body Ruby Red // Roof Moondust
          DS³R Speedometer // 19" OEM Cairns // KW V3 Coilovers

Comment

£8.40 ebay ..........http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/GENUI..._qi=RTM2063723

Comment

The R could stand for Remapped? When people put a Porsche logo on their volvo v30 or a ST badge on their 1.0 ecoboost I can see where you're coming from but not many people know what the R stands for. People may just assume it's a version of a ds3.

Each to their own I guess

Comment

I think if you know about the DS3, you know what the R means and the car it comes on as standard. If you don't I don't think a) people know it is from a Racing b) Your DS3 is anything but that.

I wouldn't know the exact models that should have the Type R embellishments on the Civic.....well at least some of them.....

Each to their own as many have said If you like it, stick it on!
                My DS3R3... nearly....
                New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post

Each to their own as many have said If you like it, stick it in!

!!!!!!
                  Originally posted by cyclone
                  It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                  Originally posted by Broda
                  I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I recognise the common Type R models, i.e. EP3, FN2, FK2, but not got a clue when it comes to those not released in the UK. FK2 is super obvious with the massive wing, FN2 is really subtle and can only tell from behind really (someone could have just stuck the red honda badge on the front of their Type S)
                    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                    Join the Facebook Group!
                    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

I agree with this.

Originally posted by Shiro View Post
                      If you have 250HP of course you can
                      I'd rather have 250HP and no one know from the outside
                      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

My car is pretty much disguised as an R3. I give no sh*ts about the fact it's a diesel with no mods. Pretty sure the livery would work much better on a petrol with all the whistles are bells rather than my work horse. But this is out of my means.

If you like it, you shouldn't not do something because you are worried about what others think or that it's not factually true.
                        My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

That's something different, your car is a tribute to the R3, you aren't pretending it is an R3. There's a big difference imo

Comment

So why can't you add an R badge to your DS3 if you aren't pretending its a Racing but you like the badge?
                            My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Everyone can do what they like, as you said. But I would never do that. I find adding a fake badge silly, but that's only my very personal opinion.

Comment

That's something different, your car is a tribute to the R3, you aren't pretending it is an R3. There's a big difference imo
                                (I love Joni's car btw)

But that's BS FLP What difference is there in a set of R3 stickers and a stick on R ? I wasn't pretending my DS3 was a Racing, it was all black, no carbon fibre and remapped diesel etc. I liked the red R as it broke up the very black rear of the car. That's part of the reason I painted my calipers red so that it gave some colour to the car there as well. By your logic the brakes were pretending to be Brembo's and therefore shouldn't be done....

The point of cars is that you can make them how you want them according to your budget and personal taste
                                Last edited by lfcrule1972; 22-09-2016, 12:33.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X