No announcement yet.

Removing mirror covers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I removed all 3 of the top pieces of the mirror yesterday without removing the screws but it was a bit of a pain as they is a clip behind the motor that you could do with getting to really.
    2012 Dsport +, white with black roof. Stubby aerial, Alloy DS3 tax disc holder, Alloy black and silver dustcaps and 3D Gel carbon affect plates. Now with kawasaki green painted brakes.

Comment

3 parts?

Comment

Yeah the top chrome bit the bottom black bit and the front black bit all the pieces that make up the top part of the mirror housing lol
        2012 Dsport +, white with black roof. Stubby aerial, Alloy DS3 tax disc holder, Alloy black and silver dustcaps and 3D Gel carbon affect plates. Now with kawasaki green painted brakes.

Comment

Can you please reload the first set of photos as PB say they've been deleted?

Thanks

Originally posted by WTF View Post
          Sorry, epic laptop crash.

You may have to improvise re the tools:

So you need to pop off the mirror first, but this is the worst bit, too much and it will pop and snap.

Comment

One pic is still missing, I found out that it is http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/...ar1/Wing-2.jpg instead of Wing-2-1.jpg. And then a question about the phase 1: I see you have to use some kind of fork tool. Is there a clip of some kind that you have to release? Anyone done this without the special tool and if so, what tool did you use? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by pmatil View Post
              One pic is still missing, I found out that it is http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/...ar1/Wing-2.jpg instead of Wing-2-1.jpg. And then a question about the phase 1: I see you have to use some kind of fork tool. Is there a clip of some kind that you have to release? Anyone done this without the special tool and if so, what tool did you use? Thanks!
              There's no clip to release, I just used a flat bladed screwdriver to (gently) pop the mirror off when I did mine. Make sure you have an assistant / something soft underneath to catch the mirror when it's released.
              - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Is there any up to date pics on the forum ? I have removed the glass and found 3 small screws do you have to remove all 3 of these...?

Comment

In the above post there's one pic that suggests removing some screws but I've found that you don't have to if you can reach the clips holding the cover.

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/...ar1/Wing-2.jpg (Courtesy of WTF)

Comment

Working...
                  X