Motorsport mapp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DS379 View Post
    I am sooooooooooooooooo glad I didn't tamper with my engine at all in the end. I wouldn't have a leg to stand on after all the trouble I am having with mine.

I know it's "invisible" and extremely hard to detect but trust me, with the amount of problems Citroen are now having with the THP150, they will find ANY excuse not to have to sort your engine out.
    They tried that one on me a while back, they told me that the K&N filter invalidates the warranty and I had to return it back to the standard panel filter.

Stef
    2 X Citroen DS3 Racings - Both rejected

Comment

Originally posted by THP View Post
      Rubbish

I guess I'll just have to buy an orange R for the boot instead. Heard that adds about 50bhp
      You want to go for the red one, that's worth 60BHP!!

Stef
      2 X Citroen DS3 Racings - Both rejected

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
        ...For The THP,

The Hdi's Are Running Fine On Remaps
        Then try to beat this THP with a HDI

DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

i am fairly mad yh

Comment

Originally posted by DS3Finland View Post
            I thought it was German engine made in France? Anyone have any idea what BMW has done to overcome these problems, or does mini have same probs as PSA with the THP?
            As I know the engines for MINI produce germans directly in Germany, but I have no info about quality their engines...
            But The PSA THP engines produces factory in Douvrin (northern France). They use the same conception/base (BMW/PSA), but the product is not the same, because they have for some parts a little bit different (cheaper) suppliers and, of course, a different (francais) approach

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
            As I understand it the block has the same basic architecture as the old TU engine just updated to take advantage of modern technology and BMW technology being used in the head.
            Mini's have the same sorts of problems just check out there forums.
            Yes, that's absolutely true, for this reason the THP engines are failure, the base (TUx engines) was not very good choice.

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
            And from someone who lives in Germany "German engineering" isn't all its cracked up to be. They run into plenty of problems because of trying to lower the price point of there products, just like everyone else. I don't think there is a manufacturer out there who hasn't put out a product that wasn't quite perfect.

Lets see 5 rally constructors titles between 1990 and 1997 and 7 constructor and drivers championships since 2003 with 61 wins. Not bad for "French Engineering"
            But the rally constructors and the serial production are not the same business. You can't compare them. The constructors are particular in their job, they take care to be the best...but on other hand in serial production you can see how they realy take "care"...
            I can't talk about it, but you can't image what modifications and so-called ecotechs they push through. I can compare between PSA and VW group and sorry to say, but in the VW group this wasn't possible. The PSA has great potential, but not very good approach...

Comment

Originally posted by Fabian View Post
              Then try to beat this THP with a HDI

Not Hard To Make A RR Fake It And Make A Graph Show That...

Don't Believe It For One Second...

Comment

Haha, offcourse you don't believe it.......
                You don't know the specs so you're already making assumptions!

This DS3 has
                - DS3R Turbo
                - Forge Intercooler
                - Complete 63,5mm exhaust and no Catalyst
                - Forge Boost Pipes
                - Green Air Filter
                - Custom Remap

This DS3 is faster as an standard Renault Megane RS250
                But if you don't want to believe it, be my quest
                Last edited by Fabian; 02-12-2011, 19:53.
                DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

And a Vid, from 0-100km/h

Comment

But Nearly 400 Brake From A 1.6 Engine ???

That Can't Be Good For The Standard Block At All...

Comment

It has 261,4hp and 385nm of torque (Limited)
                      His first graph was like this:

273,6hp and 431,6nm of torque

Comment

261 Is More Believable...

The Figures At The Top Confused Me

Comment

Ah OK, yes 400 is a bit, how do you say that.... Unbelievable

Comment

400 is possible

DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X