Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Told Ya... £200 And It's Shiiiiiiite...

Comment

i was told by kids from a local rally team that i won't need a Forge Induction Kit that a K&N Stock Replacement Air Filters is pretty good and it would be enough for a stage 1+ remap ...

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle View Post
        I am wondering how much better can it be since its just an open airfilter in the engine bay and the only gains is all the hot air from the engine going into the induction. Dyno results are a very differnt story from the real world. During testing the bonnet is always open therefore having a major difference in engine bay temperatures, also you usually have one or two very big fans blowing forced cold air all the time.
        it won't be hard to put a selfmade screen in between the turbo and the filter! there is a nice place for that... but still... i don't think it's worth buying!

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
          Told Ya... £200 And It's Shiiiiiiite...
          Can't complain when I didn't pay for it
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle View Post
            I am wondering how much better can it be since its just an open airfilter in the engine bay and the only gains is all the hot air from the engine going into the induction. Dyno results are a very differnt story from the real world. During testing the bonnet is always open therefore having a major difference in engine bay temperatures, also you usually have one or two very big fans blowing forced cold air all the time.
            I agree on that... BUT this is only on N/A engines.
            When you have a turbo charged engine with a decent intercooler which will cool the air after the intake, it will give you more power than the standard airbox.
            This because there will be much more air flowing true the turbo, after the turbo to the intercooler and then to the engine, so more cooler air is more power
            On a Turbo charged engine you want as much unrestricted air going in and out the engine.
            DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

Turbo or N/A cooler air is better, it's denser and you can put more cold air in a cylinder than hot air at any given pressure. The intercooler on our cars is woefully undersized stock let alone a car with power adding mods.
              Originally posted by cyclone
              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
              Originally posted by Broda
              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Agree on that, but like I said, with a DECENT intercooler this induction kit will give you some good extra power because the air flows much easier!
                You don't want this kit without a decent intercooler!
                DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

Truth
                  Originally posted by cyclone
                  It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                  Originally posted by Broda
                  I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Does anyone know why they say it won't fit the DS3 Racing?

Comment

Maybe something to do with the turbo? Turbo is bigger on Racing iirc.
                      @mike_lowsocial

Comment

They fit the racing as I have one and sounds good 😉

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X