Zunsport Grille

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zunsport Grille

Does anybody want to advise me how to fit a zunsport girlle? I've bought one and the instructions aren't very useful to me lol

Following this thread. Ive just bought one but i got the one without the chrome does it matter?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Fitting:
      1. Take bumper off, guide here EDIT: don't do that
      2. Put new grille in place, see below
      3. Fasten with screws, see below

Without chrome:
      Might be a different size to fill the gaps where the chrome isn't, I'd contact them to make sure.
      Last edited by BenS; 30-08-2017, 06:50. Reason: corrections
      ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
      Join the Facebook Group!
      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Hey Ben - have Zunsport changed their grilles ? I didn't have to remove my bumper when I fitted mine to my DS3.

I held it up to the bumper and pushed it until the clips engaged and then carefully drilled holes for the four screws in the plastic trim.

That was all I needed to do....
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972
          Hey Ben - have Zunsport changed their grilles ? I didn't have to remove my bumper when I fitted mine to my DS3.

I held it up to the bumper and pushed it until the clips engaged and then carefully drilled holes for the four screws in the plastic trim.

That was all I needed to do....
          Yeah you don't need to remove the bumper, it just fits over the original lower grill as far as I'm aware.
          - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Ahh I thought I remembered seeing someone removing the bumper. Think I'm getting confused with Berch and Funky and their grey DS3s - one with a Zunsport, one with a facelifted bumper.
            ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
            Join the Facebook Group!
            Join the Discord Server!

Comment

No worries, I thought they might've been changed.

In which case, the steps (from memory) are:
              1. Offer the Zunsport Grille (ZG) up to the lower part of the bumper and gently push it in until the clips engage
              2. Stand back and check that the ZG is aligned centrally
              3. Gently push the edges in towards the lower bumper - the screw holes on the ZG should align with the solid plastic part of the lower bumper trim.
              4. Either mark the four holes for drilling or drill them whilst holding the ZG in place (small drill check size against screws supplied with the ZG)
              5. Once all four are drilled, screw the ZG into the lower bumper trim
              6. Check alignment before fully tightening, there shouldn't be any issues though
              7. Stand back and enjoy this fine mod
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BenS View Post
                Ahh I thought I remembered seeing someone removing the bumper. Think I'm getting confused with Berch and Funky and their grey DS3s - one with a Zunsport, one with a facelifted bumper.
                Yep my Zunsport just simply screwed over the existing one and I have the chrome surround. Berch did the full facelift which involved removing the bumper for his xenon headlights and front end.
                DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                  No worries, I thought they might've been changed.

In which case, the steps (from memory) are:
                  1. Offer the Zunsport Grille (ZG) up to the lower part of the bumper and gently push it in until the clips engage
                  2. Stand back and check that the ZG is aligned centrally
                  3. Gently push the edges in towards the lower bumper - the screw holes on the ZG should align with the solid plastic part of the lower bumper trim.
                  4. Either mark the four holes for drilling or drill them whilst holding the ZG in place (small drill check size against screws supplied with the ZG)
                  5. Once all four are drilled, screw the ZG into the lower bumper trim
                  6. Check alignment before fully tightening, there shouldn't be any issues though
                  7. Stand back and enjoy this fine mod
                  Exactly this! Didn't need to drill any holes as the screw holes in the ZG line up with solid plastic bits of the existing grille and screws will go in perfectly. I used an electric screwdriver on a slow speed and torque setting to prevent any overtightening. Dead easy.

Comment

Just been in touch with them and they have assured me it will fit as they say they only supply the grille and they are all the same size. Will keep you all updated. Thanks for guide to fit as well

Comment

So, tried to fit my grill today and it dosent fit dont even know why it hangs over the edge by about 5mm each side. hopefully returning it for a different one.

Comment

All I can think of, is that you bought the lower grille for the earlier models, that fits on the DS3's without the chrome surround.

Check here and you will see the difference:
                        Citroen Grilles from Zunsport. Providing a wide range of Citroen Car Grilles for a large range of models.

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
                          All I can think of, is that you bought the lower grille for the earlier models, that fits on the DS3's without the chrome surround.
                          Exactly what I was going to say too.
                          - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post

Exactly what I was going to say too.
                            Great minds bud

Comment

Yeah i bought the one without chrome as i assumed that meant i didnt want the chrome. Haha

Comment

Working...
                              X