Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitted a Forge Recirculation Valve

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/con...oduct=FMDVDS3R

First off, included are the worst set on instructions I've yet to see. Instructions should do two things, they should indicate in detail each task required, they should also follow a logical and efficient route, the Forge instruction do neither. They have been produced by somebody who has replaced these vales a number of times and then proof read by somebody else who is also familiar with the process.

Ok enough of that, well was the valve I removed worn or degraded as has been shown in other posts, short answer is NO, longer answer is it looked brand new.

Does the drive feel any different, well sort of, ive only had a chance to push it from 1st into 2nd but it seemed more responsive. Friday I need to shoot to Canterbury so will be able to test it out a little more.

What colour spring do you have in it?

www.SPTuning.co.uk
    Facebook.com/SPTuning.Ltd
    White on red THP
    Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

£200 well spent then?
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

@Jamie, there was a sort of gold coloured one and a thicker green coloured, maybe the other way round but I used the thicker one.

@Chris, difficult question answer really, for me and my personal circumstances then probably, for other then maybe not.

Comment

Green is weakest, usually for stock cars but usually ok on stage 1 mapped cars with slightly higher boost level.
          Blue is the strongest, much too strong for the boost levels we're likely to see.
          Yellow is in between, this is what I have in ours. For higher than stock boost levels, 1400 mbar in my case.

www.SPTuning.co.uk
          White on red THP
          Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly Guy View Post
            was the valve I removed worn or degraded as has been shown in other posts, short answer is NO, longer answer is it looked brand new.
            Maybe should leave mine as stock then
            Altho plenty of other modding sites say the stock valve diaphragm is rubbish and can break down
            certainly not in a hurry to upgrade

(How many miles you been running the map SFG)
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Fitted a Forge Recirculation Valve

The VAG one does create a much better seal.

www.SPTuning.co.uk
              White on red THP

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
                Green is weakest, usually for stock cars but usually ok on stage 1 mapped cars with slightly higher boost level.
                Blue is the strongest, much too strong for the boost levels we're likely to see.
                Yellow is in between, this is what I have in ours. For higher than stock boost levels, 1400 mbar in my case.

www.SPTuning.co.uk
                Il recheck in the morning Jamie, thanks.

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                Maybe should leave mine as stock then
                Altho plenty of other modding sites say the stock valve diaphragm is rubbish and can break down
                certainly not in a hurry to upgrade

(How many miles you been running the map SFG)
                Probably about a thousand at most.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
                  The VAG one does create a much better seal.

www.SPTuning.co.uk
                  Its very easy to change the spring, would take less than 30 seconds, Il take a pic of both tomorrow.

Comment

Probably about a thousand at most.
                    Maybe thats why it still looked new- another few thousand miles with your mapped engine might have Kaiboshed it
                    Mind you - my 150 was running 191 BHP for18,000 odd miles and never had a diaphragm issue on that- not to say it wouldnt have happened
                    Last edited by Chris_Blue; 29-01-2014, 19:35.
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                      Maybe thats why it still looked new- another few thousand miles with your mapped engine might have Kaiboshed it
                      Mind you - my 150 was running 193 BHP for18,000 odd miles and never had a diaphragm issue on that- not to say it wouldnt have happened
                      £200 is cheep for saving the turbo and a more responsive engine I spose.

Comment

£200 is cheep for saving the turbo and a more responsive engine I spose.
                        Dont dispute that. i will get one eventually at some stage no doubt
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Didn't get around to removing the spring as the RV gets redders so by the time it had cooled down id moved on. Anyway took the car to Canterbury to pick my lad up from Uni today so a decent opportunity to give it a blast. Mostly in 2nd and 3rd but wowza Jamie, this car really fly's (and I've driven cars like 911, M6). Up to redline in the first three gears and no sign of a knock (just traction control ). As for the RV, from just shy of redline in second to being back on full boost in third was about half a second, not sure if this is an improvement.

Comment

Didn't get around to removing the spring as the RV gets redders so by the time it had cooled down id moved on. Anyway took the car to Canterbury to pick my lad up from Uni today so a decent opportunity to give it a blast. Mostly in 2nd and 3rd but wowza Jamie, this car really fly's (and I've driven cars like 911, M6). Up to redline in the first three gears and no sign of a knock (just traction control ). As for the RV, from just shy of redline in second to being back on full boost in third was about half a second, not sure if this is an improvement.
                            This sounds really good, might just have to invest in one myself lol, you said the fitting instructions were not brilliant but was it easy enough SFG?
                            DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
                            Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Does sound good. Did Jamie not get the spring Gaz?
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                              X